Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 6, 2009, 10:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtGF View Post
I don't think people who (hopefully) this research helps out one day care if it was done because of "greed" or not.

Also what is the point of posting this on a thread that is celebrating an accomplishment? Do it somewhere else.

Anyways guys Congrats! I was made aware of the folding team because of the contest and it is one of the reasons why I switched back to Nvidia. I have 2 gtx 275s on the way and plan on folding long after it's over. What can I say GREED made me do it!
Its a free place to speak and I'm entitled to my opinion and my opinion is that of which people who fold for points or greed regardless if they are helping to contribute are doing it for the wrong reasons.

Want to fold? Do it for the right reasons.
Old May 6, 2009, 10:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Except the only way HWC was able to do this was with a competition.

Would have been done but taken a lot longer otherwise.

I dont see whats wrong with that? good job everyone why not say something positive aboot what has happened. We had a strong group of folders before the contest im sure you were aware of that. Even if a 1/4 of the people that came in solely for the contest remain we still have a strong group here. There is no right reason for folding you everyone has their reasons and im fine with that. You want to do it for points goo ahead... for contests...goo ahead....At the end of the day if we eventually get to save a life its a small price to pay.
Mushkin Ascent Redline 8000 4gb DDR2 @ 1066 5-5-5-15 2.05v
OCZ 600W GameXstream
Seagate 7200.11 500gb
Seagate 7200.10 320gb
Antec Spot Cool
Logitech X-230
Samsung 32" 720P HDTV

Coolermaster Cosmos S/
Swiftech Mcp655/ MCR-320-QP/ 6X Noctua NF-P12'S/ Swiftech Apogee GT/ Swiftech Mcw-60/ Swiftech Micro-Res.

Last edited by Dashock; May 6, 2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old May 6, 2009, 10:40 AM
Allstar

I guess I should stop folding.

CHEERS
Old May 6, 2009, 10:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Its a free place to speak and I'm entitled to my opinion and my opinion is that of which people who fold for points or greed regardless if they are helping to contribute are doing it for the wrong reasons.

Work units are work units. It all helps the cause.

Old May 6, 2009, 11:00 AM
Allstar
F@H

I think folding is the exact opposite of greed... most charities would give you a receipt for tax purposes if you contribute. Folding gives you points that can be used towards nothing. They are simply for your own self and team accomplishment. I dont understand what could be going through the mind of someone who would fold just for points... it doesn't make any sense at all... why do they want to collect points. Seriously it sounds like someone who is crazy would do. ?

So what I'm saying is that if your folding for "points" your slightly insane (if not completely) as the points are worthless. Ever seen the show Who's line is it anyways? The points are worth as much as those ones...

Your either folding for the science, or to help a team, or both, either way I can't see how it is selfish in any way. Even someone who is doing it for the 15000 points and then stop, its just like anyone donating to chairty and asking for a tax receipt, which almost everyone who donates does ask for one. Its not selfish, its donating something and getting put into a contest for doing so.

Old May 6, 2009, 11:01 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:

That is awesome so you some how know for a fact that these people are doing it for greed. Sorry you are just assuming that. And from this I can gather I would rather have greedy people on my side then people who sit on the sideline and point fingers. At least the former are more productive. Cheer up Mr. Nega.... I mean enaberif people aren't so bad.

Old May 6, 2009, 11:06 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:

Enaberif, you are entilted to your own opinions, and one can speak freely too.
I will never disagree with that.

I would like to tell you a story.

42 Years Ago, my Mother Emmigrated(escaped) from East Germany, and Landed on the Shores of Canada. They had to leave everything all behind.
My mom Needed Glasses, something which they could not buy.
A Lens Company (I'll get the name from my mother) wanted to Run A big Advertising Campaign, but wanted to do it on the cheap.
So they did this little thing with the Lions Club, and in essence got free advertising, and the Lions Club got Old glasses.
At the end of the Day, my Mom got her glasses from those donations for her whole school life.
Sure, the said company wasn't doing it out of the kindness of their hearts, they had a motive.
At the end of the day, something GOOD was accomplished from it.
I'd love to see you tell those people they helped, that it was wrong.
Sometimes, even Logic can be flawed.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 6, 2009, 11:31 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Before the contest, i was trying to decide between 2 different sites that i wanted to fold for. Then yeah, the contest started and swayed me toward this team. And yes, i'll still be folding after the contest has finished. Personally, i dont see how it could be a bad thing. The work is still going to a great cause no matter what the persons motives.
Old May 6, 2009, 12:08 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Enaberif is entitled to his opinion and as a folder, I take no offense to it (I strongly disagree, however). Hey...if Enaberif thinks this is morally wrong, then he can avoid any treatments that come about as a result of the science done ;p

Good work guys. Many of the people folding here since the contest started may go back to folding elsewhere, but I think some will stay. Some people who folded for the first time due to the contest may leave, but some will stay. I think our team will grow over time, bit by bit, as we have more of these. I for one appreciate the effort given by the folks who run this in the background, and compile the stats and lists as its a bit of work.

This started as a little hobby for me, but the sense of community this type of thing builds is the immediate gratification I get from this, not the cancer cure. The cancer cure is the long-term goal of this, and I am not alone. I think the "Folding_For_Pscout" thread is proof enough that many of us do this not for points only. Those who do it for points are helping create a friendly competition inside a friendly community.
Fold for team #54196

Last edited by chrisk; May 6, 2009 at 12:58 PM. Reason: put "no" before offense haha sorry
Old May 6, 2009, 12:37 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

For the love of God people, please stop quoting enaberif. I've cut my medication in half since i blocked him.