Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 3, 2009, 11:01 AM
Allstar
F@H

Default EUE's

I was Folding happily for a month before I got one. Shrugged it off and kept Folding. I usually just leave my rigs Folding and my wife will shut them off at night. But, man, I've been getting a lot of this EUE's lately. Sometimes it will do 1 WU and it will EUE, I won't find out about it until almost the time I shut it off and there goes half a day of Folding. That is with the G80 8800GTS.

Then I got this GTS250 and an E8400 both on default speed and I got the EUE yesterday. How can it be unstable when it is default? I never got this EUE's when I was using HD4850s so I guess it is only nVIDIA cards related.

Does it happen to you guys too? I am just pissed of that it just won't go through a day without it.

Old May 3, 2009, 12:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've never gotten one that I've ever noticed..... I only fold with Nvidia. In fact, no errors at all yet.
Old May 3, 2009, 02:07 PM
Allstar
F@H

I'll try to start from scratch and reinstall the GPU clients and see how it goes.

(I just got a 1888 point WU. Where the heck did that come from? lol)

Old May 3, 2009, 02:36 PM
Rookie
F@H

been folding for 1 day and have had two of those 1888's.

I have also seen EUE's on the 500000 step CPU WU's. I had to gibve up on CPU folding. Too unstable. Tuesday I will get this second GPU working to make up for it.
Old May 3, 2009, 04:38 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

You can try deleting the core and work files. Here are the respective folders where these can be found:
Quote:
Windows Vista GPU client:
C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\Folding@home-gpu

Windows Vista CPU client:
C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\Folding@home-x86

Windows XP GPU client:
C:\Documents and Settings\(your user name)\Application Data\Folding@home-gpu

Windows XP CPU client:
C:\Documents and Settings\(your user name)\Application Data\Folding@home-x86
Fold for team #54196
Old May 7, 2009, 02:12 PM
Allstar
F@H

I think I figured this one out.

I walked out today, while folding of course, and the wife came home and used the rig. I came home and it was in the login screen. Once logged in, there it is, EUE. I think it has something to do when it is not logged in the user that's folding.

Old May 7, 2009, 03:23 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I have logged in and out a few times without shutting down the client, and have never had an EUE in the manner you have described. However, others may be able to back this theory up...
Fold for team #54196
Old May 7, 2009, 03:32 PM
F@H

My System Specs

So Far I've been Solid with a GTS250/9800GT , E4700, and an AMD.
Constant Non-stop folding.

Folding uses your RAM onboard as well....I'd run a MemTest and see if your Boards RAM has errors or maybe a bad stick???
Just a thought at least anyways, I'm only guessing here.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 7, 2009, 08:50 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
I have logged in and out a few times without shutting down the client, and have never had an EUE in the manner you have described. However, others may be able to back this theory up...
Try to switch user before your WU finishes and don't log back in until it is actually finished and see if it happens to you. From FahMon, it shows WU is finished and sent, then EUE will be the next line.

Old May 10, 2009, 12:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I've been folding steady for three weeks without a hitch. Then all of a sudden I get EUE's "Unstable_Machine" ya, right. I do know that the GPU client fails to shut down properly from the task bar (GUI client).

I have had those errors regardless of speed settings. I have my Q6600 folding and feeding a 4890 and another CPU client E6300 at 1.8Ghz folding on another machine.

I have since shut down folding with the GPU until/if the client comes out of beta.