Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 4, 2009, 11:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just leave one of your lowest end cpu or gpu folding to keep your points and then move the rest over to us....

WAIT... I'm an idiot, if you do that I'm going to be pushed even further down the list

Arrggh! This stupid points system is so.... stupid! It doesn't mean anything but yet I'm COMPELLED to try and beat people in points!

It's some sort of scam that I'm doing and I know I'm being taken but I can just tell myself it's okay because it's going towards something good.

Now I'm going to be swapping all the old hardware in my machines and I'll be broke.... unless you all fold LESS... then I'll feel good about myself and not have to upgrade anything.

Sound good?
Old May 4, 2009, 11:58 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
That's icky!

I am thinking about switching. I want to see if HWC's growth is sustained after the ASUS promotion ends. This is actually where the points system becomes a detriment because it makes it a little difficult to walk away from 20 million points.

But I like what I've been seeing from your team over the past couple of months, so hopefully you guys can keep it up. And certainly, from a community point of view, the NCIX forums have sort of fallen on hard times as of late.
Well, I'd say that even without the contest we were doing pretty damn good considering the size of our team (50 active during the month prior). Even if we only keep 1/4 of the new folders we got from the contest I think we'll still be putting out enough to keep rising through the ranks.

Our biggest problem ATM isn't the PPD being put out by the team, it's the fact that we're a fairly new team and it's going to take a ton of points to even come close to catching up to teams that have been around from the early days of DC.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old May 4, 2009, 12:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

When I started folding in Jan. 08, we were in the 600's, with about 25 members (only about 12-15 active), IIRC. I think top 50 is an achievable goal. We've got a lot of members with high-end hardware with killer PPD.
Old May 4, 2009, 12:23 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Its also nice to see "Canucks" up there in the charts...a great way to represent Canada IMO...
Fold for team #54196
Old May 4, 2009, 12:23 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Once I learn how this all works and as long as it doesnt kill my gaming when I do have time or want to game I'll stick around and I'm sure I can be of help with 3 machines and all of them having 8800's or better
Old May 4, 2009, 01:15 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayton View Post
Once I learn how this all works and as long as it doesnt kill my gaming when I do have time or want to game I'll stick around and I'm sure I can be of help with 3 machines and all of them having 8800's or better

Trayton, Every little bit counts.
I intially started folding with my HIS2600 of all things, so long as we are folding its for the greater good.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 4, 2009, 01:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I started folding in January 2008 by running a couple console clients on my T2300 laptop! Raking in a cool 200 PPD I was! Heck, I still have an old P3 laptop chugging away at about 30 PPD. Worth it? Probably not, but hey - it's not doing anything else, and every little bit of science it can muster counts.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!