Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old April 16, 2009, 11:40 PM
LCB001's Avatar
Folding Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Aylmer QC.
Posts: 1,774

My System Specs

Default HWC Smashs 400,000 24hr Avg PPD Barrier

Our 24hr Avg PPD broke the 400,000 ppd barrier yesterday, and kept on going.

Thanks in part to the contest sponsored by Asus, our 24hr total hit 446,216 ppd yesterday, more than 84,000 higher than the previous day.

Next stop 500,000.

Go Team
__________________
Folding For Team 54196


Last edited by LCB001; April 18, 2009 at 08:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old April 16, 2009, 11:50 PM
Nademon's Avatar
MVP
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 308
Default

All I can say is

and

Keep up the great work guys and gals!!
__________________
REFS:

My Heat, Ebay, RedFlagDeals

Rig 1: CM HAF - Rampage Extreme - QX9650 - OCZ Gladiator Max - 4GB Mushkin DDR3 1600 - GTX280 - 2xBarracuda 500GB - 1xBarracuda 250GB - Pioneer DVD - Corsair 1000HX

Rig 2: Thermaltake Armor - P5K-E - E3110 - TRUE w/ 2 120's - 4GB Ballistix DDR2 1066 - 9800GX2 - 2xBarracuda 250GB - Pioneer DVD - Corsair 620HX

Rig3: Antec 900 - P5K-E/Wifi - E5200 - OCZ Vendetta 2 - 4GB OCZ DDR2 800 - 2x 8800GTS's - 1xWD Caviar 80GB - Pioneer DVD - OCZ 650W PSU
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old April 17, 2009, 12:04 AM
enaberif's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Calgahree, AB
Posts: 10,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB001 View Post
Our 24hr Avg PPD broke the 400,000 ppd barrier yesterday, and kept on going.

Thanks in part to the contest sponsored by Asus, our 24hr avg hit 446,216 ppd yesterday, more than 84,000 higher than the previous day.

Next stop 500,000.

Go Team
Yah lets see how that goes after the contest.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old April 17, 2009, 12:28 AM
Perineum's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Surrey, B.C.
Posts: 4,046

My System Specs

Default

I realized last night that I wasn't using my CPU client properly.... or I'm using the wrong one. I've now run 4 copies of it with different machine ID's and all the cores are locked out at 100% usage.

I should be able to recruit a few more machines yet....

I love the CPU client, absolutely no noticeable difference from having it run. Unfortunately I can't run the GPU client the same time I game.... or at least I need to pause the CPU clients and then *maybe* the GPU client would run smoothly....
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old April 17, 2009, 12:50 AM
LCB001's Avatar
Folding Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Aylmer QC.
Posts: 1,774

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
I realized last night that I wasn't using my CPU client properly.... or I'm using the wrong one. I've now run 4 copies of it with different machine ID's and all the cores are locked out at 100% usage.

I should be able to recruit a few more machines yet....

I love the CPU client, absolutely no noticeable difference from having it run. Unfortunately I can't run the GPU client the same time I game.... or at least I need to pause the CPU clients and then *maybe* the GPU client would run smoothly....
It sounds like you are running 4 instances of the Classic/Uniprocessor client, if it works for you great. However since you have a quad you will usually get more ppd by running the SMP client since it is designed for quads.

If you want to try the SMP client you can get it here; Folding@home - DownloadWinOther
It is a beta and a little more ...challenging to use.

Welcome to the Team...
__________________
Folding For Team 54196

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old April 17, 2009, 01:14 AM
ImmaPC's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Burnaby, B.C.
Posts: 1,027
Default

That rocks, glad to have been part of it, one way or another! I got 4 VMware sessions going PLUS a GPU FAH session right now...CPU is FINALLY at 100%! Gonna keep on rolling!
__________________
A10-5800K,
F2A85M-PRO
8GB DDR3-2133 CL9
2x XFX 7870
Adata SX900 256GB
Toshiba 1TB
Galaxy 1000W
Antec One
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old April 17, 2009, 05:06 AM
3.0charlie's Avatar
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Laval, QC
Posts: 9,667

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Yah lets see how that goes after the contest.
If you'd only had a Folding tag to help...
__________________
Hydro-Quebec is salivating...
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old April 17, 2009, 05:45 AM
chrisk's Avatar
Folding Captain
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GTA, Ontario
Posts: 7,406

My System Specs

Default

500,000 looks quite possible. We are at 470,000 over the last 24 hours...
__________________
Fold for team #54196
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old April 17, 2009, 07:10 AM
Perineum's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Surrey, B.C.
Posts: 4,046

My System Specs

Default

I'm thinking that's exactly what happened. It's a pain in the ass to do it like this but it's okay if you don't restart often.

I would, however, love to have it better automated.

I see 2 clients available.... would you recommend the MPI or MPICH? (Stats for machine below)



Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB001 View Post
It sounds like you are running 4 instances of the Classic/Uniprocessor client, if it works for you great. However since you have a quad you will usually get more ppd by running the SMP client since it is designed for quads.

If you want to try the SMP client you can get it here; Folding@home - DownloadWinOther
It is a beta and a little more ...challenging to use.

Welcome to the Team...
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old April 17, 2009, 07:15 AM
Soultribunal's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 8,068

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
I'm thinking that's exactly what happened. It's a pain in the ass to do it like this but it's okay if you don't restart often.

I would, however, love to have it better automated.

I see 2 clients available.... would you recommend the MPI or MPICH? (Stats for machine below)
Out of Curiosity how did you get 4 CPU Clients RUnning at once?


And for us hitting 400K+ mark! That is awsome. So what if it took a contest, sometimes this world needs incentive for innovation.
I myself however, can rest easier at night knowing that I stared folding long before the contest, and will continue to do so long after its over :)

Lets go HWC, we can do this!!!!

ST
__________________




"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HWC Breaks 200,000 24hr Avg PPD LCB001 HardwareCanucks F@H Team 128 February 18, 2011 03:23 PM
We Broke #150 top spots barrier Mr. Gruntsworthy HardwareCanucks F@H Team 15 March 31, 2009 12:45 PM
HWC Breaks 300,000 24hr Avg PPD 3.0charlie HardwareCanucks F@H Team 13 March 20, 2009 09:36 PM
HP breaks 24hr laptop battery barrier Jon_di2 Mobile Computing 4 September 19, 2008 04:28 PM
AVG 8.0 Update Problem Killswitch O/S's, Drivers & General Software 11 August 28, 2008 12:09 PM