Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   HardwareCanucks F@H Team (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/)
-   -   HWC Smashs 400,000 24hr Avg PPD Barrier (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/16938-hwc-smashs-400-000-24hr-avg-ppd-barrier.html)

LCB001 April 16, 2009 10:40 PM

HWC Smashs 400,000 24hr Avg PPD Barrier

Our 24hr Avg PPD broke the 400,000 ppd barrier yesterday, and kept on going.

Thanks in part to the contest sponsored by Asus, our 24hr total hit 446,216 ppd yesterday, more than 84,000 higher than the previous day.

Next stop 500,000.

Go Team :canadianwave:

Nademon April 16, 2009 10:50 PM

All I can say is :shok::shok::shok:

and :clap::clap::clap:

Keep up the great work guys and gals!!

enaberif April 16, 2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LCB001 (Post 180106)
Our 24hr Avg PPD broke the 400,000 ppd barrier yesterday, and kept on going.

Thanks in part to the contest sponsored by Asus, our 24hr avg hit 446,216 ppd yesterday, more than 84,000 higher than the previous day.

Next stop 500,000.

Go Team :canadianwave:

Yah lets see how that goes after the contest.

Perineum April 16, 2009 11:28 PM

I realized last night that I wasn't using my CPU client properly.... or I'm using the wrong one. I've now run 4 copies of it with different machine ID's and all the cores are locked out at 100% usage.

I should be able to recruit a few more machines yet....

I love the CPU client, absolutely no noticeable difference from having it run. Unfortunately I can't run the GPU client the same time I game.... or at least I need to pause the CPU clients and then *maybe* the GPU client would run smoothly....

LCB001 April 16, 2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perineum (Post 180114)
I realized last night that I wasn't using my CPU client properly.... or I'm using the wrong one. I've now run 4 copies of it with different machine ID's and all the cores are locked out at 100% usage.

I should be able to recruit a few more machines yet....

I love the CPU client, absolutely no noticeable difference from having it run. Unfortunately I can't run the GPU client the same time I game.... or at least I need to pause the CPU clients and then *maybe* the GPU client would run smoothly....

It sounds like you are running 4 instances of the Classic/Uniprocessor client, if it works for you great. However since you have a quad you will usually get more ppd by running the SMP client since it is designed for quads.

If you want to try the SMP client you can get it here; Folding@home - DownloadWinOther
It is a beta and a little more ...challenging to use.

Welcome to the Team...

ImmaPC April 17, 2009 12:14 AM

That rocks, glad to have been part of it, one way or another! I got 4 VMware sessions going PLUS a GPU FAH session right now...CPU is FINALLY at 100%! Gonna keep on rolling!

3.0charlie April 17, 2009 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enaberif (Post 180111)
Yah lets see how that goes after the contest.

If you'd only had a Folding tag to help...

chrisk April 17, 2009 04:45 AM

500,000 looks quite possible. We are at 470,000 over the last 24 hours...

Perineum April 17, 2009 06:10 AM

I'm thinking that's exactly what happened. It's a pain in the ass to do it like this but it's okay if you don't restart often.

I would, however, love to have it better automated.

I see 2 clients available.... would you recommend the MPI or MPICH? (Stats for machine below)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LCB001 (Post 180119)
It sounds like you are running 4 instances of the Classic/Uniprocessor client, if it works for you great. However since you have a quad you will usually get more ppd by running the SMP client since it is designed for quads.

If you want to try the SMP client you can get it here; Folding@home - DownloadWinOther
It is a beta and a little more ...challenging to use.

Welcome to the Team...

Soultribunal April 17, 2009 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perineum (Post 180186)
I'm thinking that's exactly what happened. It's a pain in the ass to do it like this but it's okay if you don't restart often.

I would, however, love to have it better automated.

I see 2 clients available.... would you recommend the MPI or MPICH? (Stats for machine below)

Out of Curiosity how did you get 4 CPU Clients RUnning at once?

And for us hitting 400K+ mark! That is awsome. So what if it took a contest, sometimes this world needs incentive for innovation.
I myself however, can rest easier at night knowing that I stared folding long before the contest, and will continue to do so long after its over :)

Lets go HWC, we can do this!!!!

ST