Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 7, 2009, 11:41 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nademon View Post
Hey ST, I got a Galaxy 8800GT (single slot) and an EVGA 9800GT (dual slot) that I'm about to post up in a day or two. I got the 9800GT from Zlojack and only used it for a week or so before I got a GX2. The 9800's got a colourful history...I believe 3.0 is also well aquianted with it! Shoot me a PM if you're interested...I'll give you a preferred rate!

I was the original owner...
Old April 7, 2009, 12:09 PM
F@H

My System Specs

LOL! Charlie, is that the same one we were talking about a while Back?
If so than Yeah I'll call dibs on it if your gonna sell it Nademon.

Shoot me a PM and let me know what you want for it.
You are fairly local if I can remember correctly , so I am sure we could meet up somewhere and not worry bout shipping it.

Chrisk, if I don't have to Sell my Test Rig to make a New Folder, than I'll shoot you a PM as well. The more Machines the merrier!

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 7, 2009, 04:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

extra PNY 8800GT here

$85 + shipping

I don't have enough power supply to run 3 G92 and definitely need a more reliable PSU for 24hour folding. I am scare of the no name PSU take out the mobo and gpus while i am away.

Sorry guys this had turned into a BST thead
Old April 7, 2009, 04:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Lol, I don't think it was intended by either myself nor other to turn this into a BST thread LOL!
Rather, there are a lot of avid Folders out there willing to help a 'Man Down'

Thank you everyone for the posts,
Charlie, I think fate has come full circle after all.
I'll put it to good use (once someone gets back to my PM lol).

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old April 7, 2009, 05:02 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Yup, that the very same 9800 that I bought, then sold to Always Run, which in turn sold it to Zlojack, then to Nademon, then to you... a Folder stays in the family!

Silver, I once had a 8800GT XLR8. Could be mine too...
Old April 7, 2009, 05:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Damn, charlie's previous toys are flooding HWC forums

From CPU's to GPU's, you name it
Old April 7, 2009, 05:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Hey, if it does the Job Charlie , I'll all for it.

Come on PM lol!

ST

Old April 7, 2009, 05:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I just read your AMD pure folding rig.

I think its best to get a Dual slot PCIE AMD board. You'll never know when you might want to add an extra GPU for folding
Old April 7, 2009, 06:46 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well, if I don't have to sell this to finish that Rig, then I'll be able to put a Pair into my test rig as well.

But I've already got the board, it is only 1 gpu slot, but it will have to work.

1 cpu + 1 gpu = better than nothing.

:)

Just gotta figure out how to do the SMP client thingy , i'm still confused as to how you guys set it all up to fold with cpu/gpu etc etc..

ST

Old April 8, 2009, 08:46 AM
MVP
F@H

Srry ST, just shot you a PM about the card. i was reserving it for you anyways, so looks like you'll be up again in no time! Now we just have to arrange to meetup and the card will be in it's new home!

My Heat, Ebay, RedFlagDeals

Rig 1: CM HAF - Rampage Extreme - QX9650 - OCZ Gladiator Max - 4GB Mushkin DDR3 1600 - GTX280 - 2xBarracuda 500GB - 1xBarracuda 250GB - Pioneer DVD - Corsair 1000HX

Rig 2: Thermaltake Armor - P5K-E - E3110 - TRUE w/ 2 120's - 4GB Ballistix DDR2 1066 - 9800GX2 - 2xBarracuda 250GB - Pioneer DVD - Corsair 620HX

Rig3: Antec 900 - P5K-E/Wifi - E5200 - OCZ Vendetta 2 - 4GB OCZ DDR2 800 - 2x 8800GTS's - 1xWD Caviar 80GB - Pioneer DVD - OCZ 650W PSU