Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 17, 2009, 06:49 AM
HaDeS

Default Try for a HWC record?

I was checking the stats of guys on the HWC Team and I noticed there's a lot of people not folding and haven't been for some time... a week plus.

Perhaps the admins can send a msg to everyone on the team and get them folding for at least a week? Every bit counts!!

Cheers.
Old March 17, 2009, 06:57 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I know My name is not in the mix for folding right now. I was always folding since I started here , but my GPU is on RMA, and I managed to destroy my E8400...
So, yeah soon as I get back up and running I'll be back into the mix.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 17, 2009, 07:21 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

OK ST you can have a free pass, this time ;P You think your PSU fried them? (couldn't resist!)

In all seriousness Hades I think it would seem a little too pushy having admins send people messages. We have the TIM giveaway, and a helpful community to help encourage others. There are also a few people on here who are folding, but do so for other teams. Others, like ST, have some parts on the way.

Good to see you thinking of ways to promote the team . Having some friendly banter here on the forums might also entice others to join the fun. I encourage friends to join too!

Chris
Fold for team #54196
Old March 17, 2009, 07:35 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
OK ST you can have a free pass, this time ;P You think your PSU fried them? (couldn't resist!)

In all seriousness Hades I think it would seem a little too pushy having admins send people messages. We have the TIM giveaway, and a helpful community to help encourage others. There are also a few people on here who are folding, but do so for other teams. Others, like ST, have some parts on the way.

Good to see you thinking of ways to promote the team . Having some friendly banter here on the forums might also entice others to join the fun. I encourage friends to join too!

Chris
Funny Guy Chrisk, while your PSU is pushing Up Daisies mine will be Pushing out Power still, don't forget that lol!!!!

I really could have kept going with my GPU being passively cooled, or purchased some aftermarket cooling for it...but I'd rather a new Card anyways.
I think the 2600 is EOL so I might get back a 4670. :)

As for the CPU, I killed that myself. Its packed up awaiting RMA with the faint hope I did a good enough job concealing the marks it has on it now...
We shall see..

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old March 17, 2009, 08:01 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Funny Guy Chrisk, while your PSU is pushing Up Daisies mine will be Pushing out Power still, don't forget that lol!!!!
ST
Lol you know what, if there is any karma in this world you will be right You will be the first to know!

In the meantime if I get another video card any time soon (I am looking for a great deal on a GTX+ to replace my GSO) I'll send ya a PM as I know that you would put that sucker to good use
Fold for team #54196
Old March 17, 2009, 08:24 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

At the insistence of 3.0Charlie, I'll be tossing in some of my cores from my new build for Folding ... But that'll be in a few weeks.... sorry. hehe
Old March 17, 2009, 08:38 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Lol you know what, if there is any karma in this world you will be right You will be the first to know!

In the meantime if I get another video card any time soon (I am looking for a great deal on a GTX+ to replace my GSO) I'll send ya a PM as I know that you would put that sucker to good use

Nahh I hope your PSU lasts as long as mine have traditionally.
But, if you do replace that GSO please let me know, as my Test Rig in Sig could use that easily to make good on my PPD as of late.

Regards,
ST

Old March 17, 2009, 02:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

Yes !

Old March 17, 2009, 02:58 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Random question, how much PPD would a Q6600 make at stock? Is it safe to say that my new project might be able to do four times as much?
Old March 17, 2009, 03:04 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

My Q6600 does ~2200 ppd at 3.0Ghz under Windows. Now it would be a different story under native Linux...