Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   HardwareCanucks F@H Team (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/)
-   -   Try for a HWC record? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/15873-try-hwc-record.html)

HaDeS March 17, 2009 07:49 AM

Try for a HWC record?

I was checking the stats of guys on the HWC Team and I noticed there's a lot of people not folding and haven't been for some time... a week plus.

Perhaps the admins can send a msg to everyone on the team and get them folding for at least a week? Every bit counts!!

Cheers.

Soultribunal March 17, 2009 07:57 AM

I know My name is not in the mix for folding right now. I was always folding since I started here , but my GPU is on RMA, and I managed to destroy my E8400...
So, yeah soon as I get back up and running I'll be back into the mix.

Regards,
ST

chrisk March 17, 2009 08:21 AM

OK ST you can have a free pass, this time ;P You think your PSU fried them?:bleh: (couldn't resist!)

In all seriousness Hades I think it would seem a little too pushy having admins send people messages. We have the TIM giveaway, and a helpful community to help encourage others. There are also a few people on here who are folding, but do so for other teams. Others, like ST, have some parts on the way.

Good to see you thinking of ways to promote the team :canadianwave:. Having some friendly banter here on the forums might also entice others to join the fun. I encourage friends to join too!

Chris

Soultribunal March 17, 2009 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskwarren (Post 164946)
OK ST you can have a free pass, this time ;P You think your PSU fried them?:bleh: (couldn't resist!)

In all seriousness Hades I think it would seem a little too pushy having admins send people messages. We have the TIM giveaway, and a helpful community to help encourage others. There are also a few people on here who are folding, but do so for other teams. Others, like ST, have some parts on the way.

Good to see you thinking of ways to promote the team :canadianwave:. Having some friendly banter here on the forums might also entice others to join the fun. I encourage friends to join too!

Chris

Funny Guy Chrisk, while your PSU is pushing Up Daisies mine will be Pushing out Power still, don't forget that lol!!!!

I really could have kept going with my GPU being passively cooled, or purchased some aftermarket cooling for it...but I'd rather a new Card anyways.
I think the 2600 is EOL so I might get back a 4670. :)

As for the CPU, I killed that myself. Its packed up awaiting RMA with the faint hope I did a good enough job concealing the marks it has on it now...
We shall see..

ST

chrisk March 17, 2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 164952)
Funny Guy Chrisk, while your PSU is pushing Up Daisies mine will be Pushing out Power still, don't forget that lol!!!!
ST

Lol you know what, if there is any karma in this world you will be right :haha: You will be the first to know!

In the meantime if I get another video card any time soon (I am looking for a great deal on a GTX+ to replace my GSO) I'll send ya a PM as I know that you would put that sucker to good use :thumb:

CMetaphor March 17, 2009 09:24 AM

At the insistence of 3.0Charlie, I'll be tossing in some of my cores from my new build for Folding :thumb: ... But that'll be in a few weeks.... sorry. hehe

Soultribunal March 17, 2009 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskwarren (Post 164961)
Lol you know what, if there is any karma in this world you will be right :haha: You will be the first to know!

In the meantime if I get another video card any time soon (I am looking for a great deal on a GTX+ to replace my GSO) I'll send ya a PM as I know that you would put that sucker to good use :thumb:

Nahh I hope your PSU lasts as long as mine have traditionally.
But, if you do replace that GSO please let me know, as my Test Rig in Sig could use that easily to make good on my PPD as of late.

Regards,
ST

BrainEater March 17, 2009 03:54 PM

Yes !

:thumb:

CMetaphor March 17, 2009 03:58 PM

Random question, how much PPD would a Q6600 make at stock? Is it safe to say that my new project might be able to do four times as much?

3.0charlie March 17, 2009 04:04 PM

My Q6600 does ~2200 ppd at 3.0Ghz under Windows. Now it would be a different story under native Linux...