Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 16, 2009, 01:55 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

That makes no sense to me, and I have never seen this behaviour. If it happens to me it is always because the vmware obtained a different IP addres from the router, as zero pointed out.

Try using the name of the vmware folding client instead of the IP address (ie. \\Fold-d2a5\c\etc\folding\1\). To get the name (ie. Fold-d2a5), check your computer's "My Network Places" (XP) or similar on Vista (I forget what this is called in vista and 7..on an XP machine now). I also make sure that each of the vmware clients are in the same workgroup as my computers. This is done in the same config page of the vmware client where you entered your username, and team number. Try this if you don't see the computers in the "My Network Places" to obtain the name.

As for fahmon changing the locations, I cannot help you with that if I can't duplicate the issue and have never seen or heard of it.
Fold for team #54196
Old September 16, 2009, 03:58 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Try using the name of the vmware folding client instead of the IP address (ie. \\Fold-d2a5\c\etc\folding\1\). To get the name (ie. Fold-d2a5), check your computer's "My Network Places" (XP) or similar on Vista (I forget what this is called in vista and 7..on an XP machine now). I also make sure that each of the vmware clients are in the same workgroup as my computers. This is done in the same config page of the vmware client where you entered your username, and team number. Try this if you don't see the computers in the "My Network Places" to obtain the name.
notfred's will also list the hostname when it starts up.
Old September 16, 2009, 09:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Sorry Chris and Zero, they're telling the truth... Hell, I thought I was going nuts, but only recently it started happening. The actual client name or the location will change by itself.... don't ask me why... It's true and it drives me bonkers! :)
Old September 16, 2009, 09:43 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

I don't actually use FahMon, so I haven't seen this issue. I'm afraid I don't have any more advice to offer.
Old September 17, 2009, 03:09 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Sorry guys I don't doubt it happens I just need to make sure I fully understand whats up. I have done some research to see what might cause it and I did find a couple of posts where it was mentioned, but no fixes/reasons offered why (I have three installs of it running and never saw the issue yet, but will keep a close watch).

In all honesty if the problem persists then FahSpy might be a better solution. I know if FahMon started changing names or paths on me randomly then I would be pretty annoyed. I looked for a quick guide to setting up FahSpy for the newbies but did not see something good. Perhaps later this fall when i get more time I'll try a guide for FahSpy then, unless someone can dig up a great guide in the meantime....
Fold for team #54196
Old September 17, 2009, 03:13 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for looking! It's not a big deal anyway, was just curious. Only slightly annoying, lol.
Ram: OCZ PC2-8500 DDR2 Reaper 2x2GB
VID: EVGA GeFroce GT250 1Gb 256bit GDDR3
HDD: Western Digital 640Gb 7200rpm Black
DVD: LG DVDRW 22x
Monitor: LG W2353 23" LCD (Full HD)
Old September 17, 2009, 03:14 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

FahSpy:

Install.
Click Add folder.
Add location of work folder, or use the same address from the Notfred client.
Folder alias: add a name for that particular client, which will be shown in the main viewing window.
That's it.
Old September 17, 2009, 03:17 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
FahSpy:

Install.
Click Add folder.
Add location of work folder, or use the same address from the Notfred client.
Folder alias: add a name for that particular client, which will be shown in the main viewing window.
That's it.
Haha yup...at least the fahMon guide is good to aid in locating the work folders for the various clients.
Fold for team #54196
Old September 17, 2009, 03:23 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Indeed! All I tried to say was that both apps are very similar, and doing a Fahspy how-to based on your Fahmon thread would be very simple.
Old April 18, 2010, 03:37 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Hey guys;

Just updated the thread to include HFM.NET instructions. Took a while today, so let me know politely if there are and spelling mistakes, etc.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...tml#post143366

Post #1 of the thread is FahMon, and post #2 is HFM.NET.
Fold for team #54196

Tags
fah , fahmon , folding , folding @ home , hfm.net , setup , tutorial , videos