Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 3, 2009, 09:31 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by badatcards View Post
I dont get this "To monitor with FAHMON or Fahspy simply point either monitoring app to
\\<your ip>\c\etc\folding\1\ " What IP address ,The one that they gave to the VMware( 192.168.2.14) or my real IP and how should it look like in the location with the rest of the stuff their (\c\etc\folding\1\).
The IP address you should use is the one assigned to the VM, which would be 192.168.2.14 in your case. If you want to make things easier, log into the web configuration interface and set up the VM with a static IP address to make sure that it always stays the same whenever you start or restart the VM. For example, I have one of my VMs configured to use 192.168.1.247, and my location looks like this: \\192.168.1.247\c\etc\folding\1\
Old September 3, 2009, 09:37 PM
Allstar
F@H

having the same issue (using windows 7) i have \\192.168.1.101\C:\Users\BT\Desktop\folding\ in the location and clicked the virtual machine, but all i get is NA.

Old September 3, 2009, 09:43 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT! View Post
having the same issue (using windows 7) i have \\192.168.1.101\C:\Users\BT\Desktop\folding\ in the location and clicked the virtual machine, but all i get is NA.
Navigate to your F@H directory through Windows Explorer and copy the location directly from the address bar. I assume this isn't a VM but just another PC on the network?
Old September 3, 2009, 09:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

its VM, also the window open says
Quote:
"login as "root" with no password required.
fold6F25 login:"
am i supposed to login here or something? my cores are running 100% and i havn't logged in if i was supposed to?

Old September 3, 2009, 09:58 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

You don't have to log in, but if you want to run any commands you'll need to. I like to keep top running so I can check to make sure that my CPU usage is where it should be. Anyway, since you're using a VM, you have to enter the network path to the location of the VM's F@H directory. What you were doing is pointing it toward the location on your hard drive where you keep the VM files, which will not work. Use the same directory as I listed in my earlier post but substitute the IP address that your VM is assigned to (the address will be shown within the VM window). And like I said above, I recommend that you configure a static IP address.
Old September 3, 2009, 10:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Guys, What I find to work BEST for finding VM projects is simple, http://192.168.1.137/1/

Edit your ip on vmware into where mine is. Try it in the browser first, if you open up the folder then try copying it into fahmon. I could never get the other way to work, http:// seems to work for me though.
Old September 3, 2009, 10:16 PM
Allstar
F@H

i cant find a work folder anywhere, i see a FOLD-6f25 on my network but theres no folding folder in there anywhere.. i think i'm going back the the regular folding@home client very soon.. this VM is pissing me off..

Old September 3, 2009, 10:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT! View Post
i cant find a work folder anywhere, i see a FOLD-6f25 on my network but theres no folding folder in there anywhere.. i think i'm going back the the regular folding@home client very soon.. this VM is pissing me off..
See my above post in case you miss it :)
Old September 3, 2009, 10:26 PM
Allstar
F@H

honestly i cant even find the work folder so finding the area to change the ip to vm is prolly a right-off. thanks anyway though. going back to the normal client.. had enough of vm and i'm to tired and i'm going to break something soon.. lol

Old September 3, 2009, 10:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

When you restart VMware you should see an ip like this. So just try http://192.168.1.127/1/ and change the ip to what you see in the window below. I was pretty frustrated too when this happened to me. If you want I'll help you with something like teamviewer to get it setup.
Attached Images

Tags
fah , fahmon , folding , folding @ home , hfm.net , setup , tutorial , videos