Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 15, 2009, 07:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
NP! Hope any new folders who join for the contest find it useful.

thanks man, work great
Old April 17, 2009, 11:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
(from my Ubuntu crib sheet)

system->administration->shared folders

The first time you go down this path you will be prompted to download and install sharing software ... since my main rig is wxp, i leave samba selected and deselect nfs.
Once it downloads and install samba then you can continue ( no reboot necessary)

add your home folder and deselect 'read only' checkbox so you can copy to this from another machine - leave read only if you prefer since it is good enuf for fahmon.
I also select general properties and change the domainname to 'WORKGROUP' since this is my default domain on my WXP rigs. If you use WXP home then i expect the default MSHOME is good for you.

now open a terminal window: applications->accessories->terminal
in the terminal window type : 'sudo smbpasswd -a [username]' and then you will have to enter your password once for the sudo override to authenticate you, and then twice more for the smbpasswd command.

You should now be able to share files with all your other rigs. For convenience i use the same userid and password on all my wxp and linux installs.

When I go System>Administration, there is no Shared folders (ubuntu in VMWare)

I am wondering if my wu are being sent from this machine (Q9450), they seem to hang at completion while shutting down core. (oc too high-remove forceasm?)
Old April 17, 2009, 02:20 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I believe you have to install all updates prior to that. But it's been a while since I played with this.... and with that new Vmware Player setup, it's much more faster and easier to use than this true Linux backend.
Old July 14, 2009, 01:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

anyone know where to find the files that give off the information in windows7
Old July 14, 2009, 02:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Start orb/user/appdata/roaming/Folding@home-gpu.

It is the same method as Vista.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old July 14, 2009, 03:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ya i found it know thanks i think it just took a little while to see the hidden folders.
Old July 14, 2009, 03:06 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I have not done any screens of Windows 7 as I have not used it yet. I'll update the post for the locations of the data folders, but I won't be updating how to enable hidden files and folders until I get to use 7.

Can anybody verify that the process to enable files and folders is the same in 7 as I have outlined for Vista?
Fold for team #54196
Old July 29, 2009, 04:00 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Great tutorial, thanks! Got Fahmon all set up like a breeze and it's nice to be able to see the log file without constantly opening it from the systray for each (CPU and GPU) and it's nice to see the points I'm making per day as well. Now I'm even more inclined to start learning about overclocking!
Ram: OCZ PC2-8500 DDR2 Reaper 2x2GB
VID: EVGA GeFroce GT250 1Gb 256bit GDDR3
HDD: Western Digital 640Gb 7200rpm Black
DVD: LG DVDRW 22x
Monitor: LG W2353 23" LCD (Full HD)
Old September 3, 2009, 08:57 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Ok, I thought I would try this VMware out again but i'm not sure if is working and I cant get FahMon to work ether.I have it set for 2 cores and their both at 100% so I think its working but without FahMon I don't know? When I downloaded the VMware to my desktop I did not read where it was putting the files,I just Next,Next ,Next right through it.What do I put in the Location ,I dont get this "To monitor with FAHMON or Fahspy simply point either monitoring app to
\\<your ip>\c\etc\folding\1\ " What IP address ,The one that they gave to the VMware( 192.168.2.14) or my real IP and how should it look like in the location with the rest of the stuff their (\c\etc\folding\1\). I want to do 2 VMware clients but I want to make sure this one is working first,that and I think I really the second one by renaming the stuff in the folder and now it cant find a file,but one thing at a time.Can someone take a pic (snip) of what their location looks like with IP address and the rest of the stuff, because I dont get it.thanks
Attached Images

Old September 3, 2009, 09:26 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

You will see IP address in the black vm window. This is the one you want.

Tags
fah , fahmon , folding , folding @ home , hfm.net , setup , tutorial , videos