Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 30, 2010, 10:22 PM
Trial Member

New Version: 0.6.0 - Revision 249 - Beta

I'm proud to bring you all two pretty big feature additions to this version of HFM. The first is the addition of the Work Unit History Viewer and Database. This database supersedes the CompletedUnits.csv file that has been written with information on completed work units prior to this version. Check the Tools menu.

You also have the option to Import your CompletedUnits.csv file so we don't leave all that good data you've been collecting with no where to go. There were some inconsistencies in the manner HFM wrote to the CompeltedUnits.csv file so I've done my best to write the Import to only process *Good* data that can be verified without a whole lot of fuss. The Import will weed out any duplicate entries in the file and also give you option to "fix-up" the entries in the file that were unable to be imported. Here are a couple likely scenarios:

- p6701/6702 have an issue with a comma in the work unit name. You can safely remove the ENTIRE work unit name from those entries. The import completely ignores the work unit name value. Once the bad entries file is clean-up up you can Import that file and only those entries by performing another Import on that file.

You can find the WU Database file in the HFM Data Files. See the Help menu. The file name is WuHistory.db3. If don't feel like you got everything Imported the way you want you can simply delete that file and try again.

Example:

Code:
BAD:  6701,p6701_VSD in POPC and water, neutralized,Windows SMP - Main Workstation,...

GOOD: 6701,,Windows SMP - Main Workstation,..
- International users are likely out of luck using the CompletedUnits.csv Import unless you want to script or hand convert your CompletedUnits.csv file to be formatted in United States English format. The issues here include decimal numbers written with commas and date values not in en-US format. I apologize to any of you this will effect but this Import is a one off deal and I made the decision to keep it simple and not attempt to write a bunch of code to fix this one time deal. The software is Beta and issues like this are the reason I continue to label it as such.

The second big addition is the ability to Merge Client Data from other instances of HFM. For example, you have clients running at work and would like to monitor them in conjunction with your clients running at home. However, you do not have access to all the log files over HTTP or FTP. The solution, the HFM instance at work can act as a data collector using the Web Generation option 'Copy Client Data to Target' to place a ClientData.dat file in a location exposed by a HTTP or FTP server. Then on your home machine you can use the Clients -> Merge Client Data option to point HFM to that data file. Once retrieved the clients monitored by the remote instance of HFM will be visible in the local instance IN A READ-ONLY FASHION. You cannot edit or otherwise control the remote clients. It's simply a data merge.

What else? FahMon Import support has been removed from the main code base. It is now available as a Plugin. Download and read the readme.txt file for instructions on getting it installed. There are also new hotkey options (Alt+O) and (Alt+P) to cycle the Bonus and PPD Calculation options respectively.
Old October 31, 2010, 01:14 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Thanks Harlam. Your efforts are appreciated and thanks for dropping in to update us!
Fold for team #54196
Old May 5, 2011, 06:01 PM
Rookie

Heya guys, quick question..
I have set everything up as per the above guide ^.
I am using an smp client. I have set it up in HFM, and under the preferences -> Web Settings menu, I set my Extreme Overclocking User ID as 54196, My Stanford User ID as Beavers_Gone_Bananas, and my Stanford Team ID as 54196. However, When I press F2 to check my EOC user id page it brings me here: stefangeorgi - User Summary - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats
Some stefangeorgi guy.. Obviously not my ID.. So i'm pretty confused.. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Sobaixu
Old May 5, 2011, 06:08 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobaixu View Post
Heya guys, quick question..
I have set everything up as per the above guide ^.
I am using an smp client. I have set it up in HFM, and under the preferences -> Web Settings menu, I set my Extreme Overclocking User ID as 54196, My Stanford User ID as Beavers_Gone_Bananas, and my Stanford Team ID as 54196. However, When I press F2 to check my EOC user id page it brings me here: stefangeorgi - User Summary - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats
Some stefangeorgi guy.. Obviously not my ID.. So i'm pretty confused.. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Sobaixu
Hey!

Use 509601 as the EOC User Id. That will bring you to Beavers_Gone_Bananas.
Old May 5, 2011, 06:16 PM
Rookie

HFM.NET says "Anonymous (54196)" (Client's username does not match the configured User Name) for the User Name tab.

My settings under preferences:

Beavers_Gone_Bananas

Did I do it wrong or will it update correctly on the next work unit?

My settings in the folding program are:
Beavers_Gone_Bananas
team=54196
passkey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old May 5, 2011, 06:28 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchong View Post
HFM.NET says "Anonymous (54196)" (Client's username does not match the configured User Name) for the User Name tab.

Beavers_Gone_Bananas

Beavers_Gone_Bananas
team=54196
passkey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm not much of an expert here, but I believe the name should pull in right away. I would guess that you are currently folding under Anonymous.
Old May 5, 2011, 06:36 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchong View Post

Beavers_Gone_Bananas

Beavers_Gone_Bananas
team=54196
passkey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
HFM will highlight if the name under the preferences page in HFM is not the same as what is present in the F@H program. I would double-check, and if you can't find it, post a screenshot of your F@H name being listed, and also the name you entered in HFM.
Fold for team #54196
Old May 5, 2011, 06:41 PM
Rookie

Ok thanks. Everything is set up correctly so I guess I just need to wait for this work unit to finish which should be later on tonight. :)
Old May 6, 2011, 08:20 AM
Allstar

Edit: Sorry, looks like I should have read this thread as the poster above me is having the same problems.

For some reason the HFM.net is not showing my username. With fah6 ver 6.3 running it shows my username as Beavers_Gone_Bananas (Team 54196) but the HFM is saying my username is Anonymous (54196). Did I miss something? Also, is there a good way to tell if things are running optimally? My video card's fan hasn't changed at all but maybe because I have the fah client set to idle.

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old May 6, 2011, 10:30 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodscene View Post
Edit: Sorry, looks like I should have read this thread as the poster above me is having the same problems.

For some reason the HFM.net is not showing my username. With fah6 ver 6.3 running it shows my username as Beavers_Gone_Bananas (Team 54196) but the HFM is saying my username is Anonymous (54196). Did I miss something? Also, is there a good way to tell if things are running optimally? My video card's fan hasn't changed at all but maybe because I have the fah client set to idle.
Mine is doing the same thing. Hopefully it resolves the issue itself after it grabs a new WU.

Tags
fah , fahmon , folding , folding @ home , hfm.net , setup , tutorial , videos