Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 4, 2010, 10:06 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
I also am waiting for my HFM cpu client to update. The power went off last night and I had to restart it this morning. 5% has gone by but nothing is registering on HFM yet.
I woke up to the same issue. Good overclocking weather though, sorta.

Aday2long: Try inverting the 'client is on a virtual machine' option at the bottom. I've found sometimes I have to use that, sometimes it doesn't require it.
Old May 4, 2010, 10:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

How about the "test connection" tab in the "Folding instance setup" box that pops up when you go to edit your client. I hit that tab, it tested and came back as failed. Not sure what that means.
Old May 4, 2010, 10:51 AM
Allstar
F@H

Scratching me head ....

Old May 4, 2010, 11:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am having the same problem...................
Old May 4, 2010, 11:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I restarted the VM and made note of the ip it was assigned and, sure enough, it had changed itself. Programed new ip into HFM and voila!
Old May 4, 2010, 01:27 PM
Allstar
F@H

3% left to go on the current WU, I'll try it once its finished, maybe all will be nice and well on my next one
Old May 4, 2010, 03:56 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Sorry didn't notice this earlier today guys while I was at work; yes, if you have a power outage and such most likely your IP address has changed.
Fold for team #54196
Old May 6, 2010, 02:12 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

I've looked at a few screenshots and went "omg hfm.net can view over networks??" I was wondering how most people do this, do they keep a synched fahlog.txt file over the network or does hfm.net go across the network to look at the log? Is it simply clicking and browse and selecting the fahlog.txt on the other computer?
Old May 6, 2010, 02:19 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0 View Post
I've looked at a few screenshots and went "omg hfm.net can view over networks??" I was wondering how most people do this, do they keep a synched fahlog.txt file over the network or does hfm.net go across the network to look at the log? Is it simply clicking and browse and selecting the fahlog.txt on the other computer?
It works with normal file sharing. You share either the entire drive of the target computer or just the folder containing the log file, and then you just point HFM.NET to that folder over the network.
Old May 6, 2010, 02:26 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

ok thanks zero :)

Tags
fah , fahmon , folding , folding @ home , hfm.net , setup , tutorial , videos