Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 30, 2009, 04:10 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Looks like the servers are back up and running again. That said.... I had a crapload (somewhere around 10) of Seti units which ran for under a minute and reported a computational error. Now completing one Seti unit, and setup to start running Rosetta again.
Looks like you got a load of gpu tasks, you might have to modify your Seti account and uncheck 'Use NVIDIA GPU if present'...

Old January 4, 2010, 10:26 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB001 View Post
Looks like you got a load of gpu tasks, you might have to modify your Seti account and uncheck 'Use NVIDIA GPU if present'...
Thanks, missed this when you posted it. I'll have a look at that shortly.

Edit: Found it.... what a pita having to log into your seti account to change that information rather than being able to do it from the boinc manager.!!!! (Not that much of a pain once you know how to do it, but there could be a link on the manager to take you there.... ;) ).

Still seems to be a ton of problems on the boinc seti/rosetta front, but from the seti homepage it looks like there might be a light at the end of the tunnel......

Quote:
Scheduled Power Outage - Update
We mostly recovered from our scheduled power outage this weekend, but due to minor problems we decided it would be best to keep the projects offline another day - however we're folding in the usual Tuesday outage today. So if all goes well we'll be fully up again by tomorrow (Tuesday) morning (if not sooner). 4 Jan 2010 22:19:26 UTC

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP

Last edited by sswilson; January 4, 2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old January 4, 2010, 10:38 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

It seems Rosetta has fixed their server problems now that everybody is back from holidays, all the servers were showing green last time I checked.

It might take a while for the back-log to sort itself out, I got a few so it's getting better.

I've also increased my runtime from 4 to 6 hours just in case...

Old January 5, 2010, 09:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I think they had problems with their servers around the same time last year. It happens very rarely.
Old April 3, 2010, 08:38 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

howdy folks, i just swapped my Rosseta team to HWC :)

got 2 machines running, 1 is and E8400 with 8000gts running almost none stop(also my file server) and my new i5 system witch is just running when am not at the PC(12-14 hours a day)

also running SETI as its my first and still love it, been doing it for over a decade on and off.

My Boinc Stats
Old April 3, 2010, 03:36 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patramix View Post
howdy folks, i just swapped my Rosseta team to HWC :)

got 2 machines running, 1 is and E8400 with 8000gts running almost none stop(also my file server) and my new i5 system witch is just running when am not at the PC(12-14 hours a day)

also running SETI as its my first and still love it, been doing it for over a decade on and off.
Welcome to The Team, our Rosetta Team has been a little quiet lately so it's nice to see new blood.

If you like running Seti we also have a small Team there as well as WCG and Poem.

If you need something for your GPU's to do most of us are avid Folders though we do have a dormant GPUGrid Team that you could revive.

If there is anything we can help with just shout...

Old April 10, 2010, 12:44 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

figured if get my Seti account in Hardware Canucks team as well, get some numbers flowing into it

Seti use's GPU also now, keeps mine really busy.

ive been looking into folding as well, but i don't want to stop my seti/rosetta crunching, might need to build be a small cheap system for that one day

My Boinc Stats
Old April 10, 2010, 01:05 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Great to see Rosetta getting a little lovin'. Most of the folks here focus on FAH, and that is my primary focus, but I do try to do some rosetta (seti when it's down) with my spare cpu cycles.

Welcome to the team!!

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old April 11, 2010, 08:17 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patramix View Post
figured if get my Seti account in Hardware Canucks team as well, get some numbers flowing into it

Seti use's GPU also now, keeps mine really busy.

ive been looking into folding as well, but i don't want to stop my seti/rosetta crunching, might need to build be a small cheap system for that one day
Welcome Sir, now I won't be the only one doing Seti around here. That's some nice points you got there, to bad they can't be transfered to HWC.

I did some Seti on two of my GPU's while F@H was having troubles and they sure do produce some nice points compared to CPU's, not to mention they don't stress the GPU's as much as Folding does which helps keep the temps down.

I see you also run Einstein@Home, how is that for a project, does it play nice with the others ??.

We don't have an Einstein Team yet but we could start one if you want, you might be a little lonely there for a bit though. It would certainly help with our DCVault ranking...

Old April 11, 2010, 08:40 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

yeah i ran Einstein for a while, but haven't tried it on the I5 yet, its been on stand-by for a while now, been trying to improve my Rosetta score

it did ok but toke up resources from the other 2. right now i got both GPU's runing Seti and 2 cpu's running Rosetta, seems to work well. got a decent score on each i think.

my 275 is running at around 84C(max) while doing Seti, need to reinstall rivatuner and redo my auto fan settings again to keep it cooler, been running the evga tool to manully increase fan speed to get lower temps, just wish the dam thing would OC a bit, but refuses to do so. also need to re OC my E8400 a bit.

My Boinc Stats