Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 12, 2008, 08:30 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

With BOINC, the crunching is shown on the window, when opened. It will tell you long is left. In the advanced window, you can see which units are being crunched.

For FAH, you can close the viewer and it will still crunch. In the FAH folder, you will find a log, telling you how far the folding is going on, in percentage.

For your card, the best bet would be to increase the fan speed (if not made automatically).
Old December 12, 2008, 08:40 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
With BOINC, the crunching is shown on the window, when opened. It will tell you long is left. In the advanced window, you can see which units are being crunched.

For FAH, you can close the viewer and it will still crunch. In the FAH folder, you will find a log, telling you how far the folding is going on, in percentage.

For your card, the best bet would be to increase the fan speed (if not made automatically).

I don't think the Catalyst or Video Controls on this will let me adjust the fan speed.
I guess I'll just let it crunch, it shows 1 percent done.
I'm Logging tonight but will let it run overnight and see what happens.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 12, 2008, 08:49 PM
F@H

My System Specs

ATI Overdrive set to 740 on the Core, 590 on the Memory.
I think its working.
Hope I can help out the team!

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old December 12, 2008, 09:19 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Welcome to the team. I started a couple of months ago and I am hooked! All for a good cause too!

You can check out the stats here once you start completing work: Kakao Stats - Team Members - Hardware Canucks Forum

After you see your name show up on the list as having completed some work, don't forget to request a folding badge (the leaf with the protein looking thingy) you see under 3.0's and my usernames. There is a sticky at the top of this forum where you can request one.
Fold for team #54196
Old December 13, 2008, 03:36 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I don't think its using my computer to its full Potential....

Let it run all night and day, and my logs show it only using:

Core 0: 37-51%
Core 1: 61-95%

It should use more of my resources right? The rest of my system was idle.

Regards,
ST

Old December 14, 2008, 08:24 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Because you are using a Dual Core while Folding and Crunching, your CPU has to manage the cycle for both - remember that GPU folding uses a few of those cycles. Hence your CPU unable to fully give 100% to crunching.
Old December 14, 2008, 02:45 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I don't think its using my computer to its full Potential....

Let it run all night and day, and my logs show it only using:

Core 0: 37-51%
Core 1: 61-95%

It should use more of my resources right? The rest of my system was idle.

Regards,
ST
Since you haven't shown up on the Boinc team page yet, it looks like you are only running either the GPU or Uniprocessor F@H client. If you could post which clients you installed and are running we can help you optimize your contribution to the Team ...

Old December 14, 2008, 04:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Folding @ Home Windows XP32 x86

Is the version I have on my system. Nothing else as far as I know.

Hey,, the more I can help the better.
I'll do some more reading up on how to help on the other teams.

ST

Old December 14, 2008, 04:46 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Folding @ Home Windows XP32 x86

Is the version I have on my system. Nothing else as far as I know.

Hey,, the more I can help the better.
I'll do some more reading up on how to help on the other teams.

ST
It looks like your running the regular CPU client, this is good if you don't want to stress your system too much because it only uses one core. Other options are:
1. Run a second uniprocessor client to use the other core. Make sure you give it a different machine ID # so they don't try and process the same WU.
2. Run the CPU SMP client instead which is designed more for quads but will still run well on a high-end dual core.
3. Run the GPU client on your vid card. This client uses mostly the shaders and will put alot of stress on it but you won't need a heater in your room.
4. Combine one of the CPU clients with the GPU client. This is a great test for stability.
5. Run Rosetta@home on the CPU and the F@H GPU client. Rosetta is a lot easier to run and is more of a set and forget client...

Old December 14, 2008, 06:23 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB001 View Post
It looks like your running the regular CPU client, this is good if you don't want to stress your system too much because it only uses one core. Other options are:
1. Run a second uniprocessor client to use the other core. Make sure you give it a different machine ID # so they don't try and process the same WU.
2. Run the CPU SMP client instead which is designed more for quads but will still run well on a high-end dual core.
3. Run the GPU client on your vid card. This client uses mostly the shaders and will put alot of stress on it but you won't need a heater in your room.
4. Combine one of the CPU clients with the GPU client. This is a great test for stability.
5. Run Rosetta@home on the CPU and the F@H GPU client. Rosetta is a lot easier to run and is more of a set and forget client...
Okay, I'll load another CPU Client on the computer when this work unit is done.
Actually its been a great test to this system and its cooling function.
We'll see what happens when I turn up the heat.
The Cats love to hang out near my computer now :)

ST