Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   HardwareCanucks F@H Team (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/)
-   -   Countdown - HCF Folding team to the top 2000 (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/1252-countdown-hcf-folding-team-top-2000-a.html)

pscout May 14, 2007 01:46 PM

Countdown - HCF Folding team to the top 2000

According to Kakao Stats - Team Members - Hardware Canucks Forum, we should be hitting the top 2000 folding teams within a week at our current pace.

The 'matching' id was started to match the output of new folders to the team since the offer was made and was to expire after reaching the top 2000 mark which was the cuttoff for the EOC stats.
EOC stats are the most widely used, but individual team members are filtered out until the team hits the top 2000.

We are currently ranked 2346 on the official Stanford stats and ~ 40K points from hitting top 2000 active teams. Folding@Home

Once we get there, I am sure there will be a new matching offer oriented towards recruitment of new folders to the HCF team :whistle:

Babrbarossa May 14, 2007 01:53 PM

Hey! Congrats guys!

Eldonko May 14, 2007 02:11 PM

Congrats folders. I highly recommend using the new SMP client if you have a dual or quad, it will triple your PPD. :)

Scratch May 14, 2007 05:03 PM

woo hoo nuthin like workin our way to the top :haha:

yea check my numbers and my WU's and you can see the obvious benefits of using the smp client :punk:

Supergrover May 14, 2007 05:04 PM

:bananafunky: :bananafunky: Moving on up , to the east side:bananafunky::bananafunky:

sswilson May 14, 2007 06:36 PM

Heh.....

Yeah, the smp client seems to pump up the points quickly. :)

pscout May 14, 2007 08:14 PM

For me, making the EOC stats list is doubly important ... it is what i use to keep track of various folding production trends and, and it is the site than has the banner that led me to this site :biggrin:

sswilson May 14, 2007 08:19 PM

I'm a bit concerned though that we'll fall back out of the top 2000 once the matching is gone......

I'll be putting my other three computers onto this team starting this weekend, hopefully we'll get some new members to fill in the gaps.

pscout May 14, 2007 08:34 PM

I don't think it will be too hard to stay in the top 2000 with you, 4door, sswilson, and clsgrinder producing ... but we won't move up out of the near dormant ranks without your extra production, and NEW members joining in.

We need to get folks at HCF to join and then build, recruit and borg :clap:

And inital leverage will come from matching new members till we reach critical mass.

Once a critical mass of team membership is reached, it is easier to maintain and grow. Just like every living system, it either grows or dies. Just like HCF itself.

Babrbarossa May 14, 2007 08:37 PM

I'm looking into a potential source for high speed interenet- if it works out, I'll be folding.