Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 17, 2007, 03:18 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Yeah I know but the thing with these rigs is they are on 24/7 and unsupervized ( as in no Supergrover ) with no AC, and it gets hot like heck here.

*cough* Beta Testers have a NDA *cough*

I hear you on the heat.

I wasn't offering to share beta info ... just thinking out loud that when it goes public i will be able to provide some info.
Old May 17, 2007, 06:42 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Will it take a few days for our individual stats to show up in their database?

My stats come up for my old team but there is nothing under this team yet.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old May 17, 2007, 07:01 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Looks like I'm gonna have to shut down the farm for the summer, its already getting too hot here with 7 rigs running 24/7 and the power bill isnt great either. Soon I'll be able to move into my condo (currently have tennants) where I'll be able to share the cost with other units (power included in condo fees) and can plug in an A/C unit for cooling :)

I wont stop completly but probably down to 500ppd or so :(

Have an A-1 day!
Old May 17, 2007, 07:09 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Heh.... I'd imagine it's hot enough in the farm room during the winter let alone during the summer..... :)

You certainly got us well on our way during the time you were here, look forward to seeing you around.

Quote:
Will it take a few days for our individual stats to show up in their database?

My stats come up for my old team but there is nothing under this team yet.
I (easily....... ) found the answer in the site faq..... no user stats until the team is in the top 800.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old May 18, 2007, 06:08 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post

I (easily....... ) found the answer in the site faq..... no user stats until the team is in the top 800.
I am glad you were more persistant than me ... i found a very old post that said it was 300 but got interrupted in my search.

So that means we will need to get to ~ 700k team points.

Since the old matching offer is complete, I will renew it for new members after today and will try to maintain it till we get to top 800. This will also be somewhat dependent on my summer cooling ability for the farm - I have a partly built geothermal water cooling project which i need to complete, and if successful, expand.

Also, I will likely soon retire the single core rig crunching here under my id so it will get replaced by an smp cruncher which should also help a bit.
Old May 18, 2007, 06:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscout View Post
I have a partly built geothermal water cooling project which i need to complete, and if successful, expand.
I love those, you have got to post some pic when you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old May 18, 2007, 06:15 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorGTZ View Post
Looks like I'm gonna have to shut down the farm for the summer, its already getting too hot here with 7 rigs running 24/7 and the power bill isnt great either. Soon I'll be able to move into my condo (currently have tennants) where I'll be able to share the cost with other units (power included in condo fees) and can plug in an A/C unit for cooling :)

I wont stop completly but probably down to 500ppd or so :(
I know how you feel about the heat ... my farm is in the basement, and my wife is complaining about the heat on the warmer days - and she loves the heat! I have only turned on the a/c once so far.

It would be nice to have room for some wind turbines and full house geothermal cooling.

Good luck with the move
Old May 18, 2007, 06:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

lol We should have a F@H contest and the prize being a A/C unit.

Quote:
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
Old May 18, 2007, 11:03 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Okay got the SMP client up and running.

Wow way easier than running 2 instances and IDK why but it's running 3-4c cooler than 2 instances. Clocks havn't changed so IDK is this normal for the SMP. Yes running 100%

Quote:
Old May 18, 2007, 11:31 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Okay got the SMP client up and running.

Wow way easier than running 2 instances and IDK why but it's running 3-4c cooler than 2 instances. Clocks havn't changed so IDK is this normal for the SMP. Yes running 100%

Temps depend a bit on which wu's both in smp and standard client.

Hopefully you get some clean wu's ... a few folding friends have been complaining about some of the win smp wu's a bit lately.

What proc are you running and how much cache? Some of the smp wu's hurt a bit if the cpu has small cache. They are benchmarked by stanford for points on woodcrest quads with 8 mb cache.

You should see much better points production on average running smp.