Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 14, 2010, 07:31 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezer_wheelz View Post
Good day all
First time folding for me.
I have 2 - 4830 HD cards in my system, and CrossfireX is enabled.
I am just wondering if F@H automatically uses both video cards or is there some place I have to specify the fact that I have 2 GPUs?

Thanks much
:)
Welcome to the team geezer_wheelz. Sorry I cant help you but I think each card has to run is own F@H client. You should start a new thread asking how to set up 2 HD 4830.
Old January 14, 2010, 07:42 AM
Allstar
F@H

Welcome to the team! Here a link for Crossfire folding:

Crossfire Folding
Old January 14, 2010, 03:17 PM
Rookie
F@H

@ badatcards & boggtrotter59, thank you for the welcome and the information!
It is muchly appreciated! But still is as clear as mud to me at this time.
I will start a new thread and maybe someone can tell me how to get the same type of software as I have seen other folders using.
To install F@H I just ran my GPU driver software and included F@H and it seems that I have a stripped down version, like this. I do not know, but it does not show me anything like I seen in the link boggtrotter gave me.
Thanks again!

AMD Phenom II 940, Asus M4A79 Deluxe, 4gb Kingston Hyper X 1066mhz, Sapphire 4830s in CrossfireX, 3-320gb drives in Raid 0, 2 - 500gb Seagate Data drives, Freezer 64 Pro, Thermaltake V9 case, 2 - LG Optical drives, one LightScribe, PC Power & Cooling 750watt, Geil Card Reader, Hauppauge TV Tuner, ViewSonic 22" LCD
3D Mark 2006 score - 20770
Asus Moderator
Old January 25, 2010, 11:55 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

1 260 and 1 client cpu

middlemarkal

hope to get the corei7 and 2 * 4870 up soon
Old January 26, 2010, 12:11 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlemarkal View Post
1 260 and 1 client cpu

middlemarkal

hope to get the corei7 and 2 * 4870 up soon
Welcome to the Team, don't forget to ask for your Folding Tag...

Old January 26, 2010, 04:00 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Hi Guys!

I folded briefly for NCIX a year or two ago, but stopped because it was wracking up too high a power bill. I'm giving it a go again now that I'm out of university and gainfully employed, but money is still pretty tight, so I'm thinking 24/7 folding is out of the question.

Thus far, I've got a single 8800GT out of an SLI'd pair folding, though once I get around whatever the program's complaint about my syntax is, I'll get the other one going too. The CPU may follow, but I've still got some messing around to make it 8 hour prime stable at its current OC, so that will have to wait for a bit too. Still, one 8800GT is better than nothing!
Old February 9, 2010, 11:09 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Hello all you fine fellow Canadian folders. I've been away for some time but the folder in me has really missed the HWC community and thrill of competition. I was recently parusing through the NCIX boards and noticed a call to arms and threats that they would redouble thier efforts against HWCs and I must say I was rather proud of the old team for usurping NCIX for a short time while a contest here was underway. Seems as if NCIX made good on thier threats and HWC is playing catch up once again. I'm in the peliminary stages of building a new rig so look for some added ppd from an old friend in the near future, and NCIX...watch your back!
Old February 9, 2010, 11:11 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysrun View Post
Hello all you fine fellow Canadian folders. I've been away for some time but the folder in me has really missed the HWC community and thrill of competition. I was recently parusing through the NCIX boards and noticed a call to arms and threats that they would redouble thier efforts against HWCs and I must say I was rather proud of the old team for usurping NCIX for a short time while a contest here was underway. Seems as if NCIX made good on thier threats and HWC is playing catch up once again. I'm in the peliminary stages of building a new rig so look for some added ppd from an old friend in the near future, and NCIX...watch your back!

Alwaysrun!!! I've missed you here my friend! Good to hear you are back up and running!

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old February 9, 2010, 03:27 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysrun View Post
Welcome back! You were always a great forum member and IRC fellow...looking forward to seeing you around.

Chris
Fold for team #54196
Old February 11, 2010, 07:38 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Hi, I've been playing around with BOINC and FAH for the last year and a half without being dedicated to a team or trying to increase PPD but I built an i5 750 rig with a HD 4830 that I'm trying to get the most out of. I didn't build it with folding in mind so it's a bit of a fail folding. The cpu can't run with -bigadv and the GPU only gets 2kppd. I'm trying to find a used i7 860 or an xeon x3440 that I can oc to 4ghz and run bigadv. I will probably switch to a used gtx 260 in the future too so I am hoping to be at >25kppd soon.