Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10, 2010, 05:11 PM
Allstar
F@H

Welcome to the team I'm a newbee too, just joined the team last week. Forgot to post in here... Everyone has been very helpful and friendly so far.
Old January 10, 2010, 11:04 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Brad here for Connie - almost had her up and running then the rig started lousing up several different things, so that one's a no-go till I can fix it. I only have 3 folders and promised her. 1 promise broken, but I'll giver her another one after work tomorrow just by changing username in the config files on one of the other two, then it is all hers until the i7-750 is done, then that will be her permanent baby.

My scores will obviously barely keep my head above water for a while but she wants to do this and I promised she would have her own, so that's where it is for tonight. It'll probably take a while to scrub and install solaris again, the need to do it is incredibly rare and I ain't in tune for it, but I promised, she more than deserves it, and I apologise to her and everyone else here for failing the test tonight.

brad.
Old January 11, 2010, 12:39 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtrotter59 View Post
Welcome to the team I'm a newbee too, just joined the team last week. Forgot to post in here... Everyone has been very helpful and friendly so far.
I've been here just a little bit longer but agree that this is one of the most friendly and knowledgeable groups around. Been folding since 2004 and have loved all of it for the most part. You Canucks though, overall are more civil, polite, and respectful of us just south of you. Things that we older folks find refreshing, thoughtful, kindly, and respectful. That means alot to we older types who have a little harder of a time finding just the right crowd to mingle with. Corporate forums suck. No fresh air. Sleep good eveyone and will get on connieis problem machine as soon at the toothpick reappears LOL.
Old January 11, 2010, 09:30 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

It sounds like you have a wonderful wife Brad. Not only does she support you and your folding but she wants to do it to. More people on the team should try to get their wife's into folding, It would probably increase their PC upgrade budget if their addicted to. Come to think about it I dont know if theirs any women on the team? (Well their Perineum's mom but she more for mmmoral support, Sorry Perineum, It just slipped out). Keep it up
Old January 11, 2010, 11:44 AM
Rookie
F@H

Good morning everyone. Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcomes. It's official now, as my siggy shows. It should level out to about 10k PPD by next weekend. Not much by today's standards and a far cry from what Brad and I had planned on for but it'll have to do until the brand new i7-950 box is finished. We will push it up the priority ladder two notches today.

CSM
Old January 11, 2010, 12:35 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by badatcards View Post
It sounds like you have a wonderful wife Brad. Not only does she support you and your folding but she wants to do it to. More people on the team should try to get their wife's into folding, It would probably increase their PC upgrade budget if their addicted to. Come to think about it I dont know if theirs any women on the team? (Well their Perineum's mom but she more for mmmoral support, Sorry Perineum, It just slipped out). Keep it up
Thanks. Yes she is wonderful, way way beyond that for me. She's God's gift to me straight from Heaven. We're soulmates of 25 years. Her family and mine were as one , her kids and mine are as one. She's 54, I'm 61. It doesn't bother any of us one bit. Now its just her and I, and her kids and mine, all grown and on their own, total of 5 grandkids + 1 in the boiler. We're both senior development engineers. And since she can wield a rolling pin a hell of a lot better than I can, I better shut up!!
Old January 11, 2010, 01:31 PM
Rookie
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by badatcards View Post
More people on the team should try to get their wife's into folding, It would probably increase their PC upgrade budget if their addicted to. Come to think about it I dont know if theirs any women on the team? (Well their Perineum's mom but she more for mmmoral support, Sorry Perineum, It just slipped out). Keep it up
I've been watching Brad and his folding since the day he started, in 2004 if memory serves, but I think he was doing something very similar to that back in 1988, I just can't remember who it was for for or what it was called. I'm all in favor of seeing many more women folding. I'd love to see the day arrive when I can thank folding with pride for making Brad's last days far better, and in hopes that no one will ever have to go through all he has again. For me it was just a matter of several of life's factors converging. The right kind of forum first. Most of them seem like they are run by kids, for kids, with grudging concessions made for seniors and professionals who dare stick their heads out the window. This one seems different, and is the first and only forum I've ever joined outside the walls of three companies that aren't open to the public. It is an experience, and I hope it remains as hospitable in the future, and toward women, as it appears to be now.

csm
Old January 12, 2010, 12:22 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.CSM View Post
I've been watching Brad and his folding since the day he started, in 2004 if memory serves, but I think he was doing something very similar to that back in 1988, I just can't remember who it was for for or what it was called. I'm all in favor of seeing many more women folding. I'd love to see the day arrive when I can thank folding with pride for making Brad's last days far better, and in hopes that no one will ever have to go through all he has again. For me it was just a matter of several of life's factors converging. The right kind of forum first. Most of them seem like they are run by kids, for kids, with grudging concessions made for seniors and professionals who dare stick their heads out the window. This one seems different, and is the first and only forum I've ever joined outside the walls of three companies that aren't open to the public. It is an experience, and I hope it remains as hospitable in the future, and toward women, as it appears to be now.

csm
A c'mon now sugar, give the kids a chance to grow up. They just have neater toys to play with than we did. The JOB is for parents to take a more concerned role in what their kids use the machines four. See ya when ya get home.

bwm
Old January 12, 2010, 11:35 PM
Rookie
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm View Post
A c'mon now sugar, give the kids a chance to grow up. They just have neater toys to play with than we did. The JOB is for parents to take a more concerned role in what their kids use the machines four. See ya when ya get home.

bwm
It'll never happen without parental involvement and adult supervision in our country, hun. When 99% of the computer games are about kill or be killed, something is wrong, period. Parents are very often of the mindset to "get them out of our hair". What a way to take a youngster feel wanted, more part of the family, too much baggage. But, give them and inch and they'll take a mile, too, no different than when you and I were kids. They need parental presence, guidance, supervision, more involvement than ever before, to keep today's toys and games from being the standards of normal behavior for tomorrow. Moderators, please pardon us for getting off topic. Move thread por posts as necessary. Thanks.

csm
Old January 14, 2010, 12:42 AM
Rookie
F@H

Default New Folder

Good day all
First time folding for me.
I have 2 - 4830 HD cards in my system, and CrossfireX is enabled.
I am just wondering if F@H automatically uses both video cards or is there some place I have to specify the fact that I have 2 GPUs?

Thanks much
:)
AMD Phenom II 940, Asus M4A79 Deluxe, 4gb Kingston Hyper X 1066mhz, Sapphire 4830s in CrossfireX, 3-320gb drives in Raid 0, 2 - 500gb Seagate Data drives, Freezer 64 Pro, Thermaltake V9 case, 2 - LG Optical drives, one LightScribe, PC Power & Cooling 750watt, Geil Card Reader, Hauppauge TV Tuner, ViewSonic 22" LCD
3D Mark 2006 score - 20770
Asus Moderator