Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 8, 2009, 05:14 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nademon View Post
wait...now that I think about it, my PPD seems kinds low for the hardware. Here's what I was thinking:

2x 9800GX2's = ~18000 PPD
2x 8800GTS's = ~9000 PPD
1x 4870X2 = ~6500 PPD

so, shouldn't I be getting in the 40K (and I think my PPD estimates are in line) range even without SMP or my 8800GT doing some temp folding duty?
Those estimates look fairly close, if the 2x GTS's are near stock clocks. I'm not seeing where you get 40k out of that, to me it totals closer to 33.5k which is about what you are doing according to EOC. If you bump the GTS's total to the ~5,000 like sswilson gets you're up to ~35k which looks about right. That's some awesome ppd and should make for some interesting competition at the top of the Daily Producers chart. Once I saw your recent numbers I knew your sig rigs needed an update...

@ Alwaysrun; You are not the only one getting those 511's, I was hoping we were done with them especially with summer coming. The 384's shouldn't be any different than the 768's which are just double sized 384's...

@ 5ILVgeARX; Not sure what info you are looking for, if it's about the WU's see the Project Summary here; Folding@Home
@ ST; Take good care of that card, it might end up in the future HWC Folding Hall of Fame someday...

Old April 8, 2009, 05:42 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB001 View Post
Those estimates look fairly close, if the 2x GTS's are near stock clocks. I'm not seeing where you get 40k out of that, to me it totals closer to 33.5k which is about what you are doing according to EOC. If you bump the GTS's total to the ~5,000 like sswilson gets you're up to ~35k which looks about right. That's some awesome ppd and should make for some interesting competition at the top of the Daily Producers chart. Once I saw your recent numbers I knew your sig rigs needed an update...

@ Alwaysrun; You are not the only one getting those 511's, I was hoping we were done with them especially with summer coming. The 384's shouldn't be any different than the 768's which are just double sized 384's...

@ 5ILVgeARX; Not sure what info you are looking for, if it's about the WU's see the Project Summary here; Folding@Home
@ ST; Take good care of that card, it might end up in the future HWC Folding Hall of Fame someday...
OMG..I'm so ridiculous. you're absolutely right and I totally added that up wrong. That's what happens when you haven't slept in over 2 days! So seems like I'm on the mark. My 8800gts's are giving me anywhere from 9K to just over 10k PPD and the shaders are pushed up a bit and core/mem down a bit. Can't get anything past you hawks! Seems I'm not the only one that watches those charts so closely. looking forward to some good battles in the coming months.

My Heat, Ebay, RedFlagDeals

Rig 1: CM HAF - Rampage Extreme - QX9650 - OCZ Gladiator Max - 4GB Mushkin DDR3 1600 - GTX280 - 2xBarracuda 500GB - 1xBarracuda 250GB - Pioneer DVD - Corsair 1000HX

Rig 2: Thermaltake Armor - P5K-E - E3110 - TRUE w/ 2 120's - 4GB Ballistix DDR2 1066 - 9800GX2 - 2xBarracuda 250GB - Pioneer DVD - Corsair 620HX

Rig3: Antec 900 - P5K-E/Wifi - E5200 - OCZ Vendetta 2 - 4GB OCZ DDR2 800 - 2x 8800GTS's - 1xWD Caviar 80GB - Pioneer DVD - OCZ 650W PSU
Old April 8, 2009, 06:47 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

We are now #110! Looks like 100 is not too far away (dare I say about 4-5 weeks?)
Fold for team #54196
Old April 8, 2009, 06:51 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Breaking the 100 mark is absolutely amazing considering the size of the team, and the fact that we're up against teams that have been folding for 5+ years.

It says a lot about the dedication of our members that we manage to put out the points that we do. Good Show to all!!!!!!!

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP
Old April 8, 2009, 07:56 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ILVgeARX View Post
Man i am so confuse with the above post.
Ohh sorry man those are just different projects we used to get, ussually we just refer to them by their point value. The dreaded 511 point work units give about the worst points for the workload and time they take to complete. They run the GPU hotter and are more umm how do I say this..."Fragile" But they certainly are a good stress test on a GPU. Lately we've been getting much better Projects so it's just sad the older ones are back again reducing our production. haha LCB usually just calls them those ""

Quote:
Ahh I see LCB. I guess it was just the 511s higher heat skrewing with my shader OC cuz I got EUEs a few times over the last couple days trying to run those with my shaders set to 1716. Damn and my card was doing just crazy ppd with those 1888s and 768s but now with the 511s I've had to turn my shaders down to 1620. listen to me boohoo'ing anyways. 1716 shaders on a gtx260 = seksi! was fun while it lasted

Quote:
Haha nice point LCB. It gets my vote
Old April 9, 2009, 05:23 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I will take good Care of this Epic Card Everyone!
I will promise that it will remain in my hands until We no longer need to fold.
I've got some stuff on Order for the Pure Folding rig, but I will setup this one in my Test Rig for now so I can get started for a Long Weekend (hopefully) of pure Folding!

SSwilson, don't worry my friend, we will get there for sure!
I'll have a dedicated RIg, and if I don't sell my Test, I'll just try and bump a pair of Cheap 9600 GSO's in there for effect (it is an SLI board after all, and the best one Asus Made for the 939).

You guys got me 100% :)

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 9, 2009, 07:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
I will take good Care of this Epic Card Everyone!
I will promise that it will remain in my hands until We no longer need to fold.
I've got some stuff on Order for the Pure Folding rig, but I will setup this one in my Test Rig for now so I can get started for a Long Weekend (hopefully) of pure Folding!

SSwilson, don't worry my friend, we will get there for sure!
I'll have a dedicated RIg, and if I don't sell my Test, I'll just try and bump a pair of Cheap 9600 GSO's in there for effect (it is an SLI board after all, and the best one Asus Made for the 939).

You guys got me 100% :)

ST
Is that THE 9800 GT? The one that's been through more HWC Folders' hands than a $5 ho?
Old April 9, 2009, 08:27 AM
MVP
F@H

Hey Zlojack...cmon, you told me she serviced you well! I know she was gooooood to me! And yes, it's the same one.

My Heat, Ebay, RedFlagDeals

Rig 1: CM HAF - Rampage Extreme - QX9650 - OCZ Gladiator Max - 4GB Mushkin DDR3 1600 - GTX280 - 2xBarracuda 500GB - 1xBarracuda 250GB - Pioneer DVD - Corsair 1000HX

Rig 2: Thermaltake Armor - P5K-E - E3110 - TRUE w/ 2 120's - 4GB Ballistix DDR2 1066 - 9800GX2 - 2xBarracuda 250GB - Pioneer DVD - Corsair 620HX

Rig3: Antec 900 - P5K-E/Wifi - E5200 - OCZ Vendetta 2 - 4GB OCZ DDR2 800 - 2x 8800GTS's - 1xWD Caviar 80GB - Pioneer DVD - OCZ 650W PSU
Old April 9, 2009, 08:40 AM
F@H

My System Specs

That would be the one Jack. I'll keep it safe and working hard :)

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 9, 2009, 09:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nademon View Post
Hey Zlojack...cmon, you told me she serviced you well! I know she was gooooood to me! And yes, it's the same one.
She did, until I tried to have a threesome with my GTX 285s (wait, a foursome!)

Then she let me down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
That would be the one Jack. I'll keep it safe and working hard :)

ST
Excellent