Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 7, 2009, 06:12 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
2665s. With the 2653s, it hits ~4500 ppd. I'm tempted to try the VMware on the i7, just for the heck of it.
That makes more sense, I think my quads have been the only thing keeping me ahead (barely) of you. I sure wish those nice 2653's would come back, I've been getting nothing but 2665's the last while.

If you decide to try that VMware thing again let me know how it goes, I read the thread that netforce linked and it almost sounde like it was written in English...

Old April 7, 2009, 06:30 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

It's Folding.... the new card is folding... installed - wc'ed - in 20 minutes, no leaks. A setup the way I like it!

353 pointer: 7032 ppd.

The i7 has dual 2665s, and I'm waiting for FahSpy to update for the exact ppd.
Old April 7, 2009, 06:48 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
It's Folding.... the new card is folding... installed - wc'ed - in 20 minutes, no leaks. A setup the way I like it!

353 pointer: 7032 ppd.

The i7 has dual 2665s, and I'm waiting for FahSpy to update for the exact ppd.
Nice to see something finally went smooth for you, doing it that quick it almost looks like you've done this before...

Old April 7, 2009, 07:07 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Finally!

Yup, quite a few times...

edit: 2665s on i7

1924 ppd
2022 ppd
Old April 8, 2009, 08:51 AM
MVP
F@H

You know, I've tried running the SMP clients on my CPU while folding on my card and i have bad results. The PPD on my cards just goes way too far down when running smp. I've tried changing the priority on the card clients to higher than the CPU clients, i tried changing the cpu usage on the CPU down from 100 to 90-80-70 and still major PPD drop on the cards. It was way too much lost PPD on the cards to be worth it for the PPD from the CPU's so I've resorted to only GPU folding. I must be doing something wrong.

My Heat, Ebay, RedFlagDeals

Rig 1: CM HAF - Rampage Extreme - QX9650 - OCZ Gladiator Max - 4GB Mushkin DDR3 1600 - GTX280 - 2xBarracuda 500GB - 1xBarracuda 250GB - Pioneer DVD - Corsair 1000HX

Rig 2: Thermaltake Armor - P5K-E - E3110 - TRUE w/ 2 120's - 4GB Ballistix DDR2 1066 - 9800GX2 - 2xBarracuda 250GB - Pioneer DVD - Corsair 620HX

Rig3: Antec 900 - P5K-E/Wifi - E5200 - OCZ Vendetta 2 - 4GB OCZ DDR2 800 - 2x 8800GTS's - 1xWD Caviar 80GB - Pioneer DVD - OCZ 650W PSU
Old April 8, 2009, 09:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

*clears throat* *Steps up to Podium*
Well Guys, the Bad news Came in 3's before. Couldn't get the folding card I wanted, cooked my Main CPU and GPU in the span of a week.

However, it looks like I'm Back!
Nademon aka. Charlies EVGA 9800GT is going to a good Home, my HIS RMA Went through, and about 15min ago I got the Email that my E8400 will be replaced in the span of 2 weeks.
Couple that with the AMD Build Forming, and we got a win win for the HWC Team.

You guys all rock, see ya on the Charts!!!

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 8, 2009, 09:24 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nademon View Post
You know, I've tried running the SMP clients on my CPU while folding on my card and i have bad results. The PPD on my cards just goes way too far down when running smp. I've tried changing the priority on the card clients to higher than the CPU clients, i tried changing the cpu usage on the CPU down from 100 to 90-80-70 and still major PPD drop on the cards. It was way too much lost PPD on the cards to be worth it for the PPD from the CPU's so I've resorted to only GPU folding. I must be doing something wrong.
If that was with your first rig in sig, as far as I know ATi cards still need a cpu core for themselves. If your Folding on both cores of the X2 thats half your cores taken, supposedly the new drivers will help with this problem. If you went Nvidia on Vista it would use about 3% of your quad, then you could get ~2300 to 3400 ppd SMP depending on WU.

BTW your ppd has gone way up lately, you can't be getting 30,000+ ppd on what's in your sig...

Edit/ You might want to try this to reduce cpu usage ATI Folders- Want to drastically reduce your CPU load? - Xtreme CPU

@ ST; Nice to see you getting some good news for a change...

Old April 8, 2009, 10:40 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Nademon aka. Charlies EVGA 9800GT is going to a good Home
Is that the Charlie, Alwaysrun, zlojack, Nademon, Soultribunal BFG 9800GT King of the road model? Crap that cards seen more of Canada these last 2 months than a long haul trucker. Add 2000 miles for the box lol.
Old April 8, 2009, 10:58 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysrun View Post
Is that the Charlie, Alwaysrun, zlojack, Nademon, Soultribunal BFG 9800GT King of the road model? Crap that cards seen more of Canada these last 2 months than a long haul trucker. Add 2000 miles for the box lol.
Hmm thought it was EVGA , or at least thats what I read. But yeah Always, same card going the distance to everyone lol!

I'll post some pics once I make the exchange and its in its new home :)

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 8, 2009, 12:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

Glad yer back up and running Charlie !

We need yah !!

-----------

We're pushing 'PNY folds' back on the threat list right now , but it's a back and forth battle. (not that a 1 year overtake is any threat )

We should break the top 110 in 4 hours or so !

Good work everyone !! let's keep it up.

------

I'm on it too.With any luck , I'll be buying my first 285 in the next week or so.

Edit : This is my 840th post , and it's on the 840th post on this thread....what are the odds of that ? ....I'm buying a lottery ticket right away

Last edited by BrainEater; April 8, 2009 at 12:11 PM.