Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 9, 2009, 07:12 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB001 View Post
With all the upgrading going on around here its going to get tough to stay in the top group. Competition is all good though...
Well it would cost me $190 to step up from my Core 216 to the GTX 295, express shipping included. I'll see how many PPD people get on that thing, and take a look at any reviews Sky may be working on which may have some folding goodies in it....
Fold for team #54196
Old January 9, 2009, 07:30 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

evga hired the same guy that created Rivatuner i believe. And Precision can be used on any nvidia-based card. I use it on both 260s I own: a XFX and a BFG.
Old January 9, 2009, 07:51 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainEater View Post
And you prolly thought I was talking smoke.Long way to go but on the way.....top 20 alltime and soon to be top 5 producer.

edit : I have no idea what a PS3 can do for PPD ?
On the contrary, having seen what you can do I've been waiting for you to get going. Since it's all for a great cause I've been hoping a challenge would show up and even pass me. Just so you know, it gets a lot tougher at the top...

As for the PS3, ask chriskwarren or W Purcell they Fold with a PS3...

Old January 9, 2009, 08:08 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I think my PS3 gets about 900 PPD, and it goes folding pretty much 24/7 . I have assumed this amount and my searches on the net have indicated that this is the range.

The more of us that get PPD the better the team goes so no matters on who is at the top. I set personal goals for PPD and overall points (this really is addictive).

Hockey players don't care who is scoring all the points as long as the team does well!
Fold for team #54196
Old January 9, 2009, 08:10 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Part of my big fall in the last month has been my PS3 taking a dive. Multiple lockups, a few times I've had to do the restore to get it to boot again. Now after a clean restore clean "playstation @home" install it locked up again. I just took it apart, cleaned out anything I could (very dusty household) put it back together and am back to restoring.... was good for about 2k ppd, might be a paper weight now.

Have an A-1 day!
Old January 9, 2009, 08:19 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorGTZ View Post
was good for about 2k ppd, might be a paper weight now.
Thats a big difference from what I could figure from my PS3 (900 vs 2000). The only way I guess I could really tell with mine is if I shut down my two rigs for a whole day (not likely :) ) and let the PS3 crunch only, but even then the results will vary based on WUs being done.
Fold for team #54196
Old January 9, 2009, 08:20 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorGTZ View Post
Part of my big fall in the last month has been my PS3 taking a dive. Multiple lockups, a few times I've had to do the restore to get it to boot again. Now after a clean restore clean "playstation @home" install it locked up again. I just took it apart, cleaned out anything I could (very dusty household) put it back together and am back to restoring.... was good for about 2k ppd, might be a paper weight now.
Thats gotta hurt, its a tough sport hope you can get her working again...

@chriskwarren; did you ever get that 9800GTX+ cranked, should be doing at least 5500-6000ppd...

Old January 9, 2009, 09:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

I'm surprized...i would of thought a ps3 would do more...
-
Ah well...."Every drop counts , the old woman said as she pissed into the sea"

Old January 10, 2009, 01:22 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
@Alwaysrun: Try OCingt those shaders a little as they have the most impact on folding performance...1500MHZ is pretty common and you are at 1400. Your core is clocked at 666mhz though so your chip might be at a limit. I have my core at 575mhz and shaders at 1550mhz pretty comfortably.
I got around to OC'ing the shaders and I tested it with COD:WaW multiplayer (just cuz I have had the card for a day and 1/2 and haven't played one game yet) 1680x1050 with every option maxxed out. Played great until there was smoke or heavy particles, explosions ect. and it would crash. I spent the next 2 hours playing and moving the shaders down until I hit 1458 and then it didn't crash anymore. One wierd thing about this slider I noticed, no matter what you set it to the real speed graph on the left moves in chunks of 54 incrementally. So if your slider is between two points that the shader can go to it'll just snap to either the higher or lower side of whichever increment it's closest to. After I got the shader level stable (more gaming fun) I figited with the GPU and mem a little and although I know it has little effect on folding I wanted to see how it would do so I did a modest OC on those and this is what I got.
Name:  gpuz1.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  48.5 KB
Temps got up to 86C and seemed a little hot blowing out the back of my case so I reattached my side panel fan which blows directly on the video card thus the overall lower temp that was 80C stock dropped to 72 with the OC.

Seems like a very modest OC chris but I guess it's not bad seeing the card was overclocked from the factory already. Color me happy regardless I reached 7k ppd. Yey!
Old January 10, 2009, 07:08 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Yup it seems that the shaders move in 54mhz increments which I didn't mention.

Good to see you got some OCing going there! Seems like a good OC for a card that will be doing lots of gaming. I don't game a whole lot of gaming so I left my core and memory speeds at default and got the most I could out of my shaders (I think I can get more but I have stayed in my comfort range). Good job!
Fold for team #54196