Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25, 2009, 02:43 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

You guys are always way ahead of me on the folding news heh. I was suprised just now to see my fav 1680's taking 1 hour longer to complete. Booo! That sucks. 7200ppd now while they were getting me ~8600ppd days ago. I want a rebate

I wonder if taking -advmethods off will help. I believe I was getting better ppd before even with those damn 511s in the mix.
Old March 25, 2009, 02:49 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I dunno might be worth a try. Would work if they only updated the one core downloaded via the flag.

On the 768 Point WUs right now I see ~8700PPD, so its a little better than the 1680 one.
Fold for team #54196
Old March 27, 2009, 09:41 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I wish they'd stick to smaller WUs to cut down on the EUE pain felt when projects crap out. I'm folding stable and rarely get unstable machine errors these days but I have gotten one before and it really hurts when your 4 1/2 hours in and they decide to fail. Now with the changes these 1680 pointers take me near 6 hours sometimes and I'm dreading the thought of one failing mid work. I know they give partial credit for work but as we all have seen sometimes they just go so horribly bad no results can be sent in at all.

Ohh well I guess they know what they're doing but my EOC graph looks like a roller coaster these days and I swear I'm not gaming at all..well a tad perhaps. I sometimes sneak in a quick 15min HAWX mission.

I took -advmethods off and I'm still getting the same WUs so I guess the gravy bonus points are history. Sure was nice while it lasted.

BTW congrats to Dr BenD over for reaching 1 million points!
And kudos to LCB001 for reaching 4 million points!!!!
Old March 27, 2009, 11:14 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Congrats guys!
Fold for team #54196
Old March 27, 2009, 04:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorGTZ View Post
If you read the member list of Team FTL, you can see the #1 entry for username for ppl installing the crack was nothing (anonymous) and when they read the instruction that said to put in any username you like, the second most common one was literally "any username you like" So right there, those 2 users are obviously via the crack.... but how do they know the entire rest of the team is not still from the crack? If ppl are so stupid as to put "any username you like" as their username then the majority would put a real username, "alex" "joe" "cooldude" whatever might seem like legit users but still stupid to install fah thinking it was needed for the crack.

I think they're gonna have to do more down the road, this penalty looks like something to quiet the masses (other teams) for a while. I think the whole team should go the way of Default and Google.
I've been looking into this whole team ftl thing......

Now while I have seen no comment from pandegroup , if you go and type in Team FTL on the stats page at stanford , it brings up the 'default' group.

Anyone confirm this ?

I wonder why they are still on the general stats list....

Old March 27, 2009, 05:02 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I noticed that even though they are getting more points than us each day, they always seem to be 1 week behind us too...
Fold for team #54196
Old March 28, 2009, 09:36 AM
Hall Of Fame

Nah , musta been a glitch....they are still there.
Old March 30, 2009, 08:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

Meh whatever , noones talkin bout it .

----------

Lets go team !!!

We'll be bustin # 114 in a matter of hours.

Good work Everyone , lets keep it up.

Old April 1, 2009, 09:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I should be bringing my GTX 285s and i7 920 back online tonight if all goes well!
Old April 1, 2009, 09:38 AM
Hall Of Fame

Awesome !!

I may have found a way to update one of my borgs to a 3850 video card for free......but we'll hafta wait and see.

----

Update on team FTL :

I got a response at the folding forums about this team.

Quote :

"Thanks for pointing this out. As of now we are standing by our decision to zero the team in its entirety. The fact that they are still getting points means that there must be a bug in our software that is designed to keep them from getting points. I will look into this immediately and try to resolve the problem. Thanks!
-Del"

----------

So That's that...