Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 20, 2013, 06:08 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Currently disappointed w/ the card. It errors out pretty much every WU even @ stock clocks.
If you don't want it, i'd gladly take it
Old September 21, 2013, 06:42 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Currently disappointed w/ the card. It errors out pretty much every WU even @ stock clocks.
Wonder if the card has something new in it that F@H doesn't recognize? Is it part of the gpus we can use. Meaning is there a list somewhere that states this card can be used to fold with. I was actually thinking of getting one myself so keep us posted. Hears a thought. Why not remove the whole client from the said PC and reinstall. Do you think that may work? I always thought the 780's were just a cut down Titan and they fold fine. Good luck LF.

p://www.hardfolding.com/fhtag.php/mem/7984290/26/1.png[/IMG][/url]
Old September 21, 2013, 07:16 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
lowfat Classy - It errors out pretty much every WU even @ stock clocks.
Indeed that is pretty much disapointment. However as long, as the card render graphic fine and there is no error, then I would be inclined to presume that something is wrong with either folding client, or the card drivers.
For example if (I did not say it is this way, because I honestly don't know) the card run in 2D mode (is there are lower voltages in 2D after all on this card...?), then one cannot wonder that the GPU cores give a error, because they run undervolted.

Another idea (despite bugging the client programmers) is to use the overclocking bios for the card and push the throtling limits up and see, if that did not help.

The card sould be fine, don't trash her to vohiep84 yust yet :)
Old September 21, 2013, 07:44 AM

My System Specs

I am pretty confident the issues are w/ the card and not the client. It just isn't completely stable at stock. I've tried up to 1.2V w/ stock clocks and it was erroring out within 5-10 minutes of starting the WU. Going to throw in one of my watercooled cards again and test it w/ more voltage. I have my doubts the Classified is much better.
Old September 21, 2013, 08:26 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

That's really weird. I have 6xx series cards and no issues. Maybe you did get a flakey card. I have yet to see problems like that. Mine are usually burnt out fans....sigh on the cards.

Old September 21, 2013, 04:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

Titan or 780 ?

Old September 21, 2013, 09:14 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainEater View Post
Titan or 780 ?

780 definitely is the better $/ppd. Hard to justify a Titan these days.

Anyways I'm back on one of my reference card. There will be a GTX780 Classy hitting the BSTs come tomorrow.
Old September 26, 2013, 06:49 AM

My System Specs

Started to give my GTX780 significantly more voltage. Now folding @ 1254MHz on the core which seems to give be between 180,000 and 200,000 w/ 7810/7811s. That is definitely higher than I could fold w/ the Classified.

EDIT: Taking it higher.

Last edited by lowfat; September 26, 2013 at 08:31 AM.
Old September 26, 2013, 11:29 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Started to give my GTX780 significantly more voltage. Now folding @ 1254MHz on the core which seems to give be between 180,000 and 200,000 w/ 7810/7811s. That is definitely higher than I could fold w/ the Classified.

EDIT: Taking it higher.
Why is the Lowfat? Is it because there was no more room with the classy? Did you finally sell it?

Old September 26, 2013, 11:53 AM

My System Specs

When I bought the Classified I was unaware there was a way to increase voltage on reference cards past 1.2V. But now I know how to increase to 1.325V. The Classified was likely limited by temperature but I didn't want to spend another $200 on a block to see how it would do. Ya I sold the card earlier this week.

As for my reference card I am going all out buck wild now. I wonder how well this will hold long term. If the VRMs didn't get active cooling I am sure the board would likely blow up . Obviously the PPD isn't correct as you know how the 7811s fluctuate. But it does seem to be semi what stable @ this clock speed so far.

EDIT: Of course I take the screen shot when it does one of its dips . The card is actually running @ 1333MHz right now.