Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 27, 2013, 06:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Both my folding rigs have had a hard time picking up WU's the last day or two. They are sitting idle and 'ready'. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a lack of work units, or if there is something wrong with my rigs. This is affecting both CPU and Nvidia GPU folding.

EDIT: Just took a look at some of the top ten producers here on HWC and it seems like everyone suffered from a lack of WU's between the hours of 9pm and 6pm yesterday. Glad to know it's a problem on their end and not on mine. No action required!

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old August 27, 2013, 06:37 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Yes I had the same problem yesterday. It was because Stanford did some maintenance yesterday.

About your WU's in ready state I had the problem yesterday and I quit the V7 client and re-started it and then the state changed and they started folding again.

You might try that if your have some still in ready state.

Folding Build 1 : White Asylum (Case Labs SM8)
Folding Build 2 : Ergo Proxy (Case Labs SMH10)
Folding Build 3 : Hurrikaine (Case Labs S8)
Gaming Build : Alexstrasza’s Shrine (Case Labs S5)
Work In Progress : Xenomorph (Parvum S2.0)
Old August 27, 2013, 06:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, I restarted my computers last night before going to bed. I didn't check this morning before coming to work, doh.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old August 27, 2013, 06:48 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I tried to restart the PC but that did not work. In the end I deleted the GPU and CPU units in config, then added them back. That seemed to work fine. Also be aware there is a site that tells you the F@H server status and when I checked yesterday they seemed to have a lot of servers down, not accepting, or on standby. Maybe in a day or two there will be some more news.

p://www.hardfolding.com/fhtag.php/mem/7984290/26/1.png[/IMG][/url]
Old August 27, 2013, 02:24 PM
Top Prospect

Just took a look at the fah blog. should be all up and running now. (with the exception of one server VSP07) They were doing some maintenance and relocating some servers, then there were network issues.

Just a note on an earlier comment about 6.4(with langouste and thekraken) being faster than 7(with thekraken), I have tested both and find that they are the same performance. Just need to manually install thekraken for V7 as it already has langouste features built in.
Old August 28, 2013, 08:15 AM

My System Specs

Well it seems my rig went down today while I am away on vacation. Not exactly sure why since it was running stock clocks.
Old August 28, 2013, 06:02 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Well it seems my rig went down today while I am away on vacation. Not exactly sure why since it was running stock clocks.
Just my 2 cents worth but I suspect your rig is fine. Maybe just not connecting to the server. Maybe a restart is needed. Mind you maybe there was a power bump up there in the great the north..sigh. Any how hope it all works out for you. Do you have someone looking in on your place?

p://www.hardfolding.com/fhtag.php/mem/7984290/26/1.png[/IMG][/url]
Old August 28, 2013, 06:25 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoTech View Post
Just my 2 cents worth but I suspect your rig is fine. Maybe just not connecting to the server. Maybe a restart is needed. Mind you maybe there was a power bump up there in the great the north..sigh. Any how hope it all works out for you. Do you have someone looking in on your place?
Logmein is showing the rig offline . And unfortunately no one has keys to my place. It could very well have been a power outage but they are very rare where I live. I really should set my folding rigs to always turn back on after power has returned just in case.
Old August 29, 2013, 09:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I really should set my folding rigs to always turn back on after power has returned just in case.
That you really should do. On the other hand, I see we are at an all time low with the active folders, I have never seen such low numbers of active members : just 48?
Old August 29, 2013, 09:16 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

heh, I to had my rigs down 2 days after I left home..... fell from #64 to #66 (

Have an A-1 day!