Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 12, 2011, 09:12 PM

My System Specs

Anyone else see the SR-2 price @ NCIX? $499 ain't to shabby.

NCIX.com - Buy EVGA Classified SR-2 Htpx Dual Xeon LGA1366 SLI CrossFireX DDR3 7PCI-E16 SATA3 USB3 Motherboard -A2 - eVGA - 270-WS-W555-A2 - in Canada
Old October 13, 2011, 02:06 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Bah! free(ish) power sucks when the condo unit is wired like a Griswold Xmas display. Who puts 2 bedrooms on opposite sides of the unit and their adjoining bathrooms on the same circuit? At least the lights are on a seperate one and I wasnt fumbling in the dark. I think I'm going to have to investigate all the outlets in this place and buy some extension cords to spread out 5kw of load :) For now I've cut the load in half by turning off 1 A/C unit and 1 bitcoin rig..... darn kitchen has a seperate circuit for each of its outlets, bachelors dont have food processors and mixers, they got Computers!!!

bah 3am, and I have an 8hr drive later today, guess i should sleep.

Have an A-1 day!
Old October 13, 2011, 03:01 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorGTZ View Post
Bah! free(ish) power sucks when the condo unit is wired like a Griswold Xmas display. Who puts 2 bedrooms on opposite sides of the unit and their adjoining bathrooms on the same circuit? At least the lights are on a seperate one and I wasnt fumbling in the dark. I think I'm going to have to investigate all the outlets in this place and buy some extension cords to spread out 5kw of load :) For now I've cut the load in half by turning off 1 A/C unit and 1 bitcoin rig..... darn kitchen has a seperate circuit for each of its outlets, bachelors dont have food processors and mixers, they got Computers!!!

bah 3am, and I have an 8hr drive later today, guess i should sleep.
Haha and bachelors can run extension cords around the house to accommodate said computers too.

When the missus moves in, then the extension cords running all over the apt might be a problem.....
Fold for team #54196
Old October 13, 2011, 03:42 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorGTZ View Post
Well i think i have king quad back up and running on (nearly) free power in my condo, been months since I rebooted it even and forgot all the commands to get it up and runing. Hope I got it right, cant remember if I was suppose to load the kracken and langouste before fah or if it was gonna launch on unit completion, man I dont wanna re-read musky's thead on H.

Sorry to tease you 3 who may have seen me in your sights again for a couple days.
./fah6

That is all, if you did your config with the flags imbedded. If not:

./fah6 -bigadv -smp 48

TheKraken is an automatic start. Langouste must be added to /etc/rc.local for same automatic start. If not it must me started manually, and I don't remember the command line from Musky's thread - but it's in the 4th reply.
Old October 13, 2011, 10:20 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Langouste must be added to /etc/rc.local for same automatic start. If not it must me started manually, and I don't remember the command line from Musky's thread - but it's in the 4th reply.
./langouste3 -l <port number>
Old October 13, 2011, 01:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

Haha !!

60,000 doesnt even get top 10.

Thats awesome !!

Old October 15, 2011, 03:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Things View Post
From a personal perspective (especially since BWM is poised to pass me in the world rankings sometime in the next few days), I feel exactly the same as that one guy from [H]... Gee thanks for letting me fold the WU's you don't want. Assholes.
So yeah, BWM passed me a while ago, but I'm happy to report that thanks to my recent efforts to streamline my farm I am once again ahead of those cheaters and have no intention of being caught by them again!

As competitive and fun as fah is, there is still a good cause beneath it all. Let's make sure we don't lose sight of that and play by the rules.

Think you can overclock? Then show us what you got!
Join the Hardware Canucks Overclocking team today!
Old October 15, 2011, 04:32 PM
Allstar
F@H

Agreed... Congratz on passing the cheaters! I can't believe they got away with what they were doing (I presume they have stopped). I would have zero'ed their points and banned them from folding. BTW is that the same that folded for HWC a while back? The guy that found it necessary to inform us that he had a Phd in engineering every third post...
Old October 15, 2011, 04:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

wow I can understand the competition part but to cheat ,why would some one cheat in folding ,come on they must be a pathetic person to do that.
Old October 17, 2011, 07:40 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Looks like its a no go for King Quad again, wonder what it is this time.... guess it'll be back to #3 until I get home and sort it out.

Have an A-1 day!