Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks [email protected] Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 16, 2011, 07:10 PM
Banned
F@H

yhaaaaaaaa!
Old June 17, 2011, 06:28 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
lol

didnt we leave team vietnam in the dust a while ago already?
I think it was team "Hewlett Packard" that was also on are Threat list awhile ago. and yesterday was their best day yet, Hewlett Packard - Team Summary - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats.

Even IF team Vietnam pass up we will still be in 19th place in 2.3 months, We've held them off this long. Overtaking teams is getting fewer and farther between, Each one now is a huge milestone. Top 10 here we come
Old June 17, 2011, 08:40 AM
Banned
F@H

mightve been,ok.

top 20 is becoming front lines lol.
Old June 17, 2011, 11:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for the kind words all - I can't take most of the credit for the PPD, my work is investing in VM and other server related gear. They gave me $10k to play with, so I grabbed two of Xevens SR-2 off of him and buying a few new Dell U2311H screens for home (lol, using my old screens at work now)
My boss is pretty cool, so hopefully I'll be bringing these SR-2s into work - the building we're in.. we don't have to pay the hydro/power bill, so it's all good! I already have one 980x chugging away under the bench.. but looking to move all three SR-2s to work here. We have power plug concerns, as our server room needs to be rewired to accommodate all the extra power needed for all the servers we're throwing in there.
The coolest news, is we're getting 70/30Mbit Aliant FiberOP 2.0 in a few weeks, the building is already wired for it.

Then I want to grab an AMD quad box or two - going to wait til bulldozer releases to see if there is any benefit to that first.
If we get enough NEMA 30A plugs in the server room, it's going to be scary the amount of gear i'll get to throw in there.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old June 17, 2011, 11:55 AM
Banned
F@H

interesting how some are limited by finances, others as yourself, by time and or room in the server man cave :D
Old June 17, 2011, 05:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

Haw

If you need any help with getting NEMA30's let me know !!

I'll help in any way I can

heheh

Old June 17, 2011, 08:18 PM
F@H

I'm waiting on Canada Post to get off strike so my cables from monoprice come in, then play with my OC (hope for 4.0GHz on a C1 940), and then have her fold. Wonder what lower temps i should get with my coolit eco on my tech bench beside my portable ac unit.
Old June 17, 2011, 09:13 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
I'm waiting on Canada Post to get off strike so my cables from monoprice come in, then play with my OC (hope for 4.0GHz on a C1 940), and then have her fold. Wonder what lower temps i should get with my coolit eco on my tech bench beside my portable ac unit.
Waiting on my gtx580. Was suppose to go out for delivery the day the strike started. Can't get my rig up without it.
Old June 22, 2011, 11:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainEater View Post
Truly awesome stuff.

Keep up the good work everyone !!
We are close to equalling our CC output right now , that's great.CC mission accomplished : Moar Production !!

hehe

edit : /me waves goodbye to Vietnam Global.

Ha, no way in hell of keeping up to our top dogs, but I will add a quad-opty box sometime this fall.

On a side note I just accepted an assignment with our IT department in Calgary to help roll out a new safety report/audit system. This is an electronic reporting and archiving system that will replace most of our paper used on-site now, and will be introduced to all our operations worldwide. My job is to make sure that the field hands can relate to and effectively use what the techies produce.

I will also try to lowball all their used gear from them if it can produce any ppd.

Old June 22, 2011, 01:10 PM

My System Specs

Anyone know where I could find a SWTX layout? I want to see if I can make my own motherboard tray for one, even though I haven't decided on if I want to make the move to one or not.