Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 13, 2011, 10:23 PM
Banned
F@H

hats off to that mr dt!

ive placed a number of old slow machines in the arms of the needy lol..doing youtube,and internet and messaging and most importantly in between all those daily chores,
a timeless wu or two. cant beat that.

got a bud i hooked up a while ago with a few lappies, dude never formatted hes clean of viruses etc, last i checked he did hundreds of the one wu's.

you guys got to remember, most people dont leave their pc's on, they fear fires and the electric bill along with santa claus too! :p
Old June 13, 2011, 11:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Timeless. Talk about holding up the program. Just like the new smp client where you can pick small medium or big WU's, That's how they should redesign those old client's with the WU's being broke down so the small ones are for people that fold around 10 hours in 10 days( 1 hour a day), and the big ones are for people that fold 24h/day. Folding for 1-10 min a day may sound good ( If it posable to complete 1 before the deadline runs out) but if it takes 6 months to complete a WU is it helping when the whole Project could have bin complete in 4-5 months if that 6 month guy did not get that WU, Luck has it he got that WU 3.5 months into the project so now it's not going to take 9.5 months to complete the project . Timeless = Forever, I dont want us to take forever to find these cures
Great you kept folding on your old pc's but bad for PG for not braking down the WU's a little more so they get done faster.
Old June 14, 2011, 12:02 AM
Banned
F@H

look at it this way...some stuff can wait. so,why put the big guns to work when you can leave it to the small and

very numerous fries? if you start adding up the numbers,it'll start to make more sense perhaps. yes the gold fish

take forever to turn i na wu, but you got millions of em lol.
Old June 14, 2011, 03:45 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by badatcards View Post
This whole thing has bin about "IF's.
F@H Speeds- it's not hurtin.
Who is Kasson? does he speak for PG?
Any time somebody is found to be cheating the system and PG fails to react, there's a good chance that the whole project will suffer by losing current/potential users.

This isn't much different than the team which had the auto-installer a couple of years back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
It would probably take a lot of work, but they should have a configuration hash of a PC when the client is installed. When the PC asks for a workunit, it should be assigned a workunit, and cannot download another for that PC until it's completed. That would fix them.
The system "kinda" does that now. That's where the 24hr pause from EUEs (bad WU related, not hardware related) because of the 3 strike rule comes in. The only way around it is to change the machine ID.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old June 14, 2011, 09:37 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
look at it this way...some stuff can wait. so,why put the big guns to work when you can leave it to the small and

very numerous fries? if you start adding up the numbers,it'll start to make more sense perhaps. yes the gold fish

take forever to turn i na wu, but you got millions of em lol.

Thats What I'v bin trying to say " Some stuff can wait", Having to get them reassigned is not that big a deal, It's not like their getting timed out, Then reassigned.

I was just wondering what BWM's ppd should be around if he's was not doing what he's doing?

WTF 4Door #25 and DeadThings #35 for PPD AVG in the world( Combined over 1million ppd avg).
Old June 14, 2011, 11:16 AM
F@H

My System Specs

And what makes BWM special that he deserves all the best WU's for highest PPD? Oh, that's right, nothing. He was a dink during the short time he was here, glad to see my opinion of him was correct.

He's cheating the system. And yes, the units are getting timed out before they get reassigned. So he's actually doing more harm than good.
Old June 15, 2011, 11:15 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Looks like I have most of what I need done to get King Quad into its case... after it finishes a 6903 this afternoon I think I'll go for it. Have to figure out the psu location and perhaps notch out space for some cables to go around my fans.

Have an A-1 day!
Old June 15, 2011, 11:26 AM
Banned
F@H

king q..e? ...refresh our memories plz!
Old June 15, 2011, 11:35 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Which case are you shoehorning it into?
Old June 15, 2011, 01:24 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
king q..e? ...refresh our memories plz!
Read signatures?

It's going into a 4u rack mount case. Had to extend the mobo tray and move the psu location. Probably also have to cut out the top for the heatsinks cuz I just had to get the 120's not the 90's.

Have an A-1 day!