Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 23, 2011, 06:52 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
. But not my TPF is effing 33 minutes, almost three times of what they should be.
The WU my Q9550 is doing right now is bad one(Project 6993). My cpu is running at 100% so 530ppd and 2days 7hours eta is not good. It's under Folding_for_pscout so I dont want to delete it and start a new 1 because of the 80% complete thing. I dont know if I'll complete it in time for the bonus point's, of if that affects the 80% thing ( Most of my WU's take 12-24 hours). 500ppd sucks when it should be doing 3000-5000ppd but I'm just going to let it go. I'm glad this did not happen during the CC
Attached Images

Old May 24, 2011, 05:30 AM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
charloz24, you sure have stepped it up this past week. I honestly thought I should have at the top spot (besides Xeven, whenever he returns) by now.
My idea was getting a SR-2 rig, but ended up buying 2X 2600k rig. It was the cheaper and easier route
I also have a better internet connection now, it now take a couple of minutes sending a bigadv unit instead of an hour... I think that also helped.

Sorry for that, but that is my production since the chimp challenge

Old May 24, 2011, 11:59 AM

My System Specs

To all the guys using those massive quad socket motherboards. What do you uses for a case?
Old May 24, 2011, 12:06 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Norco RPC-270. Quite possibly need to mod the PSU location. Will know more tonight.
Old May 24, 2011, 01:07 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah I got the RPC-470. I'm using massive Noctua coolers, so I went 4U. Had to turn 1 of the 4 coolers 90deg otherwise it hung over the edge of the mobo and that wouldnt fit in the case. The H8QGi mobo I have will phisicaly fit inside the case, have to relocate the psu, because the board covers the whole back panel. Have to remake a rear panel since with the board in the case the I/O panel is more centered not off to the left,

These norco cases are nice, everything unscrews very few rivets. Have mine striped down to a base and 2 sides.

Have an A-1 day!
Old May 24, 2011, 01:13 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Ah! Then I should be fine with the PSU, since the 270's PSU is located FWD of the case. I may need to add stand-offs then in that upper board location.
Come on 1800, so I can pick up the board at the Puro depot...
Old May 24, 2011, 02:11 PM

My System Specs

Don't suppose you have any pictures of it mounted?
Old May 24, 2011, 05:40 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Don't have it mounted in the case yet. Just took standoff measurements and it's better then I first thought, 6 standoffs match and so will the I/o shield then 3 more standoffs drilled into the tray, leaving only 3 in mid air. I just have to extend the mobo tray 10cm as right now the unsupported part is the heavy end with CPUs and heatsinks. http://www.norcotek.com/product_imag...r/rpc470_6.jpg

Have an A-1 day!
Old May 25, 2011, 03:54 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I was thinking about getting a 270/470 for an SR2.. just haven't got around to it. You guys need to post more pictures of this.. :)

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old May 25, 2011, 08:03 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Looking for a metal fab shop online is a pain in the rear. All I keep getting here in Calgary is the large industrial shops that cater to oil&gas or want you to send CAD designs and quote you based on the number of units you need. I just want a few cuts and 4 bends :( I need to find someone who does meal fab @home as a hobby. Just needs a Shear and a Bender..... Anyone got alternatives? Trying to make a tiny motherboard tray extension. 10x33.5cm with 1cm of height, wich should be easily done by overcutting the material 1cm all around and bending it at 90deg.

I remember watching the Spike shows where they fab up all kinds of stuff for the offroading trucks. They had tips like making your own bends with a bench and some 2by4's.... Just dunno if it would turn out, and I dont feel like trying it 5 times to get it right.

Have an A-1 day!