Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 19, 2011, 05:13 PM

My System Specs

That must have cost you a pretty penny.
Complete
Forever Alone Complete
Old May 19, 2011, 05:23 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
That must have cost you a pretty penny.
Pretty much the same as 2 SR-2 rigs, ebay chips

Update: 6:36tpf 359kppd
Looks like I'm gonna spend some time on [H] to learn along with the others ubuntu, and some time on AMDZone to get some tweaks like burning custom profiles into memory chips.... maybe I should just follow 10e around like a lost puppy :)

Have an A-1 day!

Last edited by 4DoorGTZ; May 19, 2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old May 20, 2011, 07:03 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorGTZ View Post
Ah Linux, how I loathe thee.
Didnt specify ext3 file system on install so when that WU was finished it hung.... plus realized The Kraken wasnt running/installed properly. Unsure if the langouste was working since it hung using the ext4 file system.
So another install is in the works, glad I'm not messing up my HCF folding stats/completion% during testing :)

Quad 6176 48x2.3 110.4Ghz
I don't know why:

EXT3 partition/file system? 30 seconds to write the BigAdv WU
EXT4 partition/file system? 50+ minutes

Ubuntu default install will always do / or "root" with EXT4 which is a pain. I learned that lesson, funny enough on my 48-core as well....

ThankFully Linux takes a lot less time than Windows 200x server to install, but the post-preparation takes longer.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732
Old May 20, 2011, 04:20 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Word to the wise, when something stops working, throw it away, dont try and make due.

Thought I was the problem, or my linux install or the machine, or was forgetting something, completed a bigadv earlier today but langouste couldnt send it and gave up (read the log file) so I try to manually send it only to discover it stops as well.

Problem ended up being the mishmash setup i've got right now, didnt have long enough network cable to I dug out an old router and plugged it in, inbetween for a switch sitting in the hallway and 2 cables coming out, 1 to the new machine other to the main router. I guess I forgot the reason we stopped using this router (that I'm using as a switch) it would overheat and die, seems it was doing this again. Booted up fine, internet works fine, but the higher data throughput of uploading a completed bigadv wu overheated it so it would reboot loosing the connection in the 2mins it was down and failing to upload the completed wu.

Well it took me 2hrs this afternoon to figure this out, I hope the first actual unit upload for credit will finish (its ul'ing now) and then this machine can go back to the unit it was on, and later or overnight I can see if langouste actually works on here.... but I must say tpf went down to 6:29 for 370kppd :)

Now its off to "work", have to watch some guys dig a trench under the c-train line downtown and make sure the tracks above their heads isnt moving, glad we have a laser level.

Have an A-1 day!
Old May 20, 2011, 04:20 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Word to the wise, when something stops working, throw it away, dont try and make due.

Thought I was the problem, or my linux install or the machine, or was forgetting something, completed a bigadv earlier today but langouste couldnt send it and gave up (read the log file) so I try to manually send it only to discover it stops as well.

Problem ended up being the mishmash setup i've got right now, didnt have long enough network cable to I dug out an old router and plugged it in, inbetween for a switch sitting in the hallway and 2 cables coming out, 1 to the new machine other to the main router. I guess I forgot the reason we stopped using this router (that I'm using as a switch) it would overheat and die, seems it was doing this again. Booted up fine, internet works fine, but the higher data throughput of uploading a completed bigadv wu overheated it so it would reboot loosing the connection in the 2mins it was down and failing to upload the completed wu.

Well it took me 2hrs this afternoon to figure this out, I hope the first actual unit upload for credit will finish (its ul'ing now) and then this machine can go back to the unit it was on, and later or overnight I can see if langouste actually works on here.... but I must say tpf went down to 6:29 for 370kppd :)

Now its off to "work", have to watch some guys dig a trench under the c-train line downtown and make sure the tracks above their heads isnt moving, glad we have a laser level.

Have an A-1 day!
Old May 20, 2011, 04:28 PM

My System Specs

What kind of power is that beast pulling from the wall?
Complete
Forever Alone Complete
Old May 20, 2011, 04:38 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

dunno yet, next time its up for a reboot I'll shut it down and put the killawatt on it.... does get "warm" I just have no clue with the linux temp monitors, never used ipmi before either.... might give the second a try later. I think I just plug the special lan port into the network then load up the software somewhere else and point it to that ip adress, we'll see.

Have an A-1 day!
Old May 20, 2011, 04:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

48 cores, all I can say is WOW !

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old May 20, 2011, 11:08 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Looks like 630watts at full bore. Wow, my 4xgx2 unit sucks over 900w.

Have an A-1 day!
Old May 21, 2011, 09:00 AM

My System Specs

SMP definitely is the way to go for power saving and good to use in the summer. My secondary SR-2 is only pulling 420W from the wall. I could almost get away w/ installing a 350W PSU in that thing.

A bit OT, how are some of you guys able to use f@h stats in your sig but w/ modified colours n' such?
Complete
Forever Alone Complete