Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 1, 2011, 02:41 PM
MVP
F@H

My hard limit is 1.5 kWh for all my folding rigs. If I go beyond that, then it gets too expensive. I never planned to run all of them 24/7 anyhow. Just trying to see how far they can go when under the same name. When it gets a bit hotter, then I'll probably run only 2 at stock clocks so the power bill should go down significantly.

PSXeven. Batards of the World Unite!
The gap between happiness and utter misery is only but a few inches

Last edited by Xeven; February 1, 2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old February 1, 2011, 02:49 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeven View Post
My hard limit is 1.5 kWh for all my folding rigs. If I go beyond that, then it gets too expensive. I never planned to run all of them 24/7 anyhow. Just trying to see how far they can go when under the same name. When it gets a bit hotter, then I'll probably run only 2 at stock clocks so the power bill should go down significantly.
I am astounded by the ppd possible these days.
Fold for team #54196
Old February 2, 2011, 04:11 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeven View Post
I figured you had three SR-2's.. or at least 2, and a few 970/980 rigs or something.
1.5Kw is quite hefty.. i'm pretty certain i'm at or past that myself - but I have some re-tooling of rigs.. i'm running two 860s, and two 980's right now and have the sr-2 board being mailed back (have two 5645s).. hopefully in the next week or two it'll arrive and I can set it up.
I'm supposed to be at around 180k PPD right now - but for various reasons one or two of my boxes will act up and blow a days work, or windows will crash for a week.. just random stuff happens (which everyone deals with really)

What processors are you running in the SR-2's Xeven?

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old February 2, 2011, 11:41 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No bigadv available? My SR2 can only get regular smp as of this morning..............
Old February 2, 2011, 12:45 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rison View Post
I figured you had three SR-2's.. or at least 2, and a few 970/980 rigs or something.
1.5Kw is quite hefty.. i'm pretty certain i'm at or past that myself - but I have some re-tooling of rigs.. i'm running two 860s, and two 980's right now and have the sr-2 board being mailed back (have two 5645s).. hopefully in the next week or two it'll arrive and I can set it up.
I'm supposed to be at around 180k PPD right now - but for various reasons one or two of my boxes will act up and blow a days work, or windows will crash for a week.. just random stuff happens (which everyone deals with really)

What processors are you running in the SR-2's Xeven?
I hope you finally get that SR-2 up and running (after so much grief -_-). I'm lucky as the last time my SR-2s went down was 33 days ago when I did some general cleaning. I run L5639s (3.6Ghz) on my primary folding rigs and L5645s (3.8Ghz) on the other.

PSXeven. Batards of the World Unite!
The gap between happiness and utter misery is only but a few inches

Last edited by Xeven; February 2, 2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old February 2, 2011, 01:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I dot get a random re-boot about once every week or so since I started the GPU folding, but nothing else. I was pretty lucky I guess. Altough the initial overclocking is a pain. When you do get to it, make sure you have plenty of time and alchoolic beverage...

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old February 2, 2011, 01:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsta31 View Post
I dot get a random re-boot about once every week or so since I started the GPU folding, but nothing else. I was pretty lucky I guess. Altough the initial overclocking is a pain. When you do get to it, make sure you have plenty of time and alchoolic beverage...
J'aime la biere......

I just don't have the $$$$ to put in for that type of setup. My wife would kill me.
Old February 2, 2011, 04:17 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsta31 View Post
I dot get a random re-boot about once every week or so since I started the GPU folding
As do I on one my my machines. My other machine is completely unstable once again. I haven't even been able to get 190 blck stable now.
Old February 2, 2011, 04:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
No bigadv available? My SR2 can only get regular smp as of this morning..............
Fixed, just my inability to follow directions is at fault.
Old February 8, 2011, 05:56 PM
Allstar
F@H

Been pretty quiet around here lately... everybody gone south for the winter ??? Maybe it's time for one of them.... you know... Folding Contests.... nudge...nudge... hint... hint...