Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 22, 2009, 09:22 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Lol I thought about running it on my quad but I have Boinc running there and while I keep FaH a priority, I still like to help the Boinc team a bit. Still, might give it a go to see what its capable of once my Step-Up card arrives...
If you decide to try it and are feeling a bit ambitious you could try this How to Install Dual 6.22 mpich on a Quad-Windows - XtremeSystems Forums

I haven't tried it myself yet but might give it a go one of these days...

Old February 22, 2009, 09:44 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

btw you can set those arguments/flags within the MPICH client advanced options so you don't have to alter the shortcut with -smp -verbosity 9 -advmethods.
*Edit..oops chrisk I see you tried that but read somewhere setting that in the configonly option part wasn't good.. I dunno worked like a charm for me all 3 times I've restarted it.

I wonder..Bah the client.cfg file is just a long line of the options and hard to read. It would have been great if that listed all the option settings so a guy could just easily edit the values. but noooooo.. haha

Last edited by Alwaysrun; February 22, 2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old February 22, 2009, 09:47 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Lots of flag talking tonight. Here is another flag I like: :canadia nwave::c anadianwave::canadianw ave::can adianwave::canadianwav e::canad ianwave: :canadia nwave::c anadianwave::canadianw ave:

sry...couldnt resist
Fold for team #54196
Old February 22, 2009, 11:13 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Sonofawitch, just fried a GX2. Playing with the OC, start up folding, leave..... Check stats a few hours later to see if the OC bumped ppd. And its locked up. OK no prob, reboot right? 1 of the 2 cards isnt recognized on reboot. The green lights come on but the blue light does not. I cant believe there's no reset of the clocks or something built in.

Have an A-1 day!
Old February 22, 2009, 11:21 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorGTZ View Post
Sonofawitch, just fried a GX2. Playing with the OC, start up folding, leave..... Check stats a few hours later to see if the OC bumped ppd. And its locked up. OK no prob, reboot right? 1 of the 2 cards isnt recognized on reboot. The green lights come on but the blue light does not. I cant believe there's no reset of the clocks or something built in.
That really sucks, you were putting up some nice ppd. Are you sure its actually fried...

Old February 22, 2009, 11:26 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Not sure, but no idea how to ressurect it. I mean any other card I've ever heard of, if you push too far on the OC, you might get a lockup or reboot. But after that you're back to default. This just took a dump.

Have an A-1 day!
Old February 22, 2009, 11:33 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Not sure, but no idea how to ressurect it. I mean any other card I've ever heard of, if you push too far on the OC, you might get a lockup or reboot. But after that you're back to default. This just took a dump.
Usually if you OC a folder too high it will just EUE itself into a 24hr pause. Unfortunately I don't know enough about gpu's to know what the lights mean.

Could it be PSU related, maybe try different PCIe cables...

Old February 23, 2009, 06:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm trying to set up the client in my fresh install of Win 7, but I can get WU'S

Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[14:07:52] (Got status 503)

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old February 23, 2009, 06:49 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inik View Post
I'm trying to set up the client in my fresh install of Win 7, but I can get WU'S

Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[14:07:52] (Got status 503)
Make sure that there is no firewall blocking FaH. I got the same error on the SMP client...I went in and added the FaH app to the exceptions list and it worked fine.
Fold for team #54196
Old February 23, 2009, 06:51 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Wow yeah....might get a eue or even a blue screen, but a reboot does her good...
Fold for team #54196