Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 20, 2009, 05:53 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
I'm starting to wonder if dropping the core and mem way down doesn't affect ppd more than first though. I'll reset to stock wc'ed 260, but keep the shaders oc'ed.
They do have some effect, how far down did you clock them...

Old February 20, 2009, 06:30 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

yeah I initially saw good gains lowering the core and mem as we've all discussed before but seeing I dropped my video cards temp so much more now I tried giving the core and mem a slight boost but at the same time really turning the wrench up on the shaders. Guess I just found the sweet spot or something or maybe me changing the pcie power wires helped *shrug. Whatever it was I'm pretty happy, wish I had 2 of these Black editions.

Name:  folding.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  82.9 KB

I know I have the fan at 70% which is sorta high but this is running 11C cooler than what this card runs open case no extra fans at stock.
Noctua powah FTW

Last edited by Alwaysrun; February 20, 2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old February 20, 2009, 06:44 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Wow Alwaysrun seeing those PPD has taken me away from Red Alert 3 and got me trying some tweaking again this evening. I'm sending my Core 216 away this weekend for a step-up but time to give er and see what this card can do.

Nice numbers
Fold for team #54196
Old February 20, 2009, 06:48 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysrun View Post
yeah I initially saw good gains lowering the core and mem as we've all discussed before but seeing I dropped my video cards temp so much more now I tried giving the core and mem a slight boost but at the same time really turning the wrench up on the shaders. Guess I just found the sweet spot or something or maybe me changing the pcie power wires helped *shrug. Whatever it was I'm pretty happy, wish I had 2 of these Black editions.

Attachment 4606

I know I have the fan at 70% which is sorta high but this is running 11C cooler than what this card runs open case no extra fans at stock.
Noctua powah FTW
Are you sure you didn't sneak in a 280 there, that's an awesome ppd on a 511pt for that card. It sure blows by my GTX+'s at 4430ppd for a 511pt WU (yes ChrisK I always put the in...). It's the first time I see a result that makes me seriously want to upgrade to a 260.

I run my fans at 80% so yours are not bad, you might even be able to go higher...

Old February 20, 2009, 07:02 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCB001 View Post
(yes ChrisK I always put the in...). It's the first time I see a result that makes me seriously want to upgrade to a 260.
You know, you should put something like " 511wu hater" in your sig!
Fold for team #54196
Old February 20, 2009, 07:11 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
You know, you should put something like " 511wu hater" in your sig!
I would, except I have this bad feeling that some of the upcoming new WU's are going to be worse...:rtfm:

Old February 20, 2009, 07:38 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Haha well, I would read the 'folding memo' but I have to use dodgy proxy sites/programs to get to it from home (Rogers' routers can't seem to find the foldingforum.org site properly. I can access the site from work, but well, I have a job to do there that keeps me really busy most days lol). I assume most of this info about future projects come from the foldingforum.org site???

Edit: Just accessed foldingforum.org on my home PC for the first time without a proxy! Woot!
Fold for team #54196

Last edited by chrisk; February 20, 2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old February 20, 2009, 07:54 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

The 260 with stock core and mem, shaders oc'ed to 1400 (still low) is folding a 511 pointer at 5588 ppd.

Alwaysrun, which drivers did you use?
Old February 20, 2009, 08:06 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Haha well, I would read the 'folding memo' but I have to use dodgy proxy sites/programs to get to it from home (Rogers' routers can't seem to find the foldingforum.org site properly. I can access the site from work, but well, I have a job to do there that keeps me really busy most days lol). I assume most of this info about future projects come from the foldingforum.org site???
Nothing concrete yet, but I keep reading that the WU's are going to get bigger and more complex, similiar to those WU's. And when I also keep reading that as a result the points difference between nvidia and ati cards will be resolved by the ppd of the Nvidia cards dropping, instead of the ATi ppd going up, it's not encouraging. It's not that the ATi cards ppd won't drop with the new WU's, it's that they will drop a lot less...

Old February 20, 2009, 08:13 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

The new 64bit ones. Version 182.06 released 18th of Feb.

They seem to be working great. I'm on my 17th WU in a row since my system wipe.
And yes most of them are those 511s!