Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 26, 2010, 10:36 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Fiendo View Post
Well, we lost about 7-8 regulars (10 people total) off of our 78 point returners right in the start of the month. I don't think it was related to the end of our contest because we didn't really see the gain of a lot of users due to it, and our contest ended 2 weeks before our drop of users. We've recovered to 72 active, but we're still out a few guys due to RMAs. Aside from that, we've got a few guys switching over their setups to newer / better / different.

What that all equals is a PPD hit of ~100k - 120k off of our previous numbers, and a quiet team. I think for the most we're taking a breather to get things sorted, but with your adoption rate of -bigadv work units we have a huge hill to try and overtake. We share our CPU heavy guys with WCG / Boinc so we won't get quite the adoption rate as you guys did, but hopefully we get a few more folding them. I think we've got 5 guys working on it.

I probably don't talk for the rest of them, but its kind of hard to smack talk a 440k difference in PPD.
Thats a good point about the other distributed computing projects. Perhaps warmer weather will result in a return of the smack-talking.
Fold for team #54196
Old January 26, 2010, 10:47 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
All right i gone keep it in mind , if everyone is happy with the count. I see no use to talk about it more .
You brought up an excellent Point Mark.

Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old January 26, 2010, 11:14 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
You brought up an excellent Point Mark.

Regards,
ST

I agree, and it was actually the Folding Milestones thread on here mixed with a thread on TPU that gave me the idea for my nightly update of Pie and Milestones for my team. A bit of a chore, but it's also become one of the most used threads in our folding sub forum. I probably have one third to one half the posts of it, but that's not that bad a ratio considering that I've posted over 4 months of updates to it.
Old January 26, 2010, 12:08 PM
Banned
F@H

mr moba might have some dificulties with his new parts, got a cheap amd cpu for an older spare board to keep one pci-e full till i get the one combo...couple of days....
Old January 26, 2010, 12:39 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
mr moba might have some dificulties with his new parts, got a cheap amd cpu for an older spare board to keep one pci-e full till i get the one combo...couple of days....
do I have to pay you a visit to put this thing up and running. And better stay away. I'm dangerous when I work
Old January 26, 2010, 12:45 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
do I have to pay you a visit to put this thing up and running. And better stay away. I'm dangerous when I work
if youre not afraid of dogs, sure. no man, dude ordered and his order got delayed as far as i understand. sucks lol.
if i had bought new parts it wouldve been faster, i tought his parts wouldve been here earlier so i get the old stuff from him. good dude.

anyway, ill have one gt up and running when mr punk_zappa ' s cpu gets here. shouldve ordered this one too a long time ago lol. had another dude with such a cpu ,locally again, dude never answered back....
Old January 26, 2010, 04:28 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Anyone notice that they moved the F@H Forum to the top of the Hardware Canucks Community section. I scrolled down and was like WTF where did it go, Oh their it is, above the Off topic and Buy/sell/trade. Thats great putting it at the top, More people might take a interest if it is #1 on the list and come check it out and hopefully join. Good thinking guys. I'v bin thinking about what Mark said about having a team captain, and trying to make the F@H team fun, Can anyone think of any type of F@H mini games we can play amongst our team members, Maybe something like Predicting how many points or WUs you will have in a month or 2, Closest to their number wins. Or see if we can get lower ppd guys to team up (2-10) and take on a ppd giant. Winners would get nothing but they would have bragging rights. Their is that Chimp race coming up( Everyone on the team folds under the same username to try and get that person as ppd as we can. ) , I dont think we would win but our little team would get noticed by the big teams even if we lost, I wonder if team NCIX will enter, If not we may have to see if we can get some of them to come over just for the race and fold for Pete Starting May 14th , HWC's Tribute to Pete_Scout so a Canadian team has a strong showing. Atlas Folder is #1 right now with just under 500,000ppd ,WTF Dead Things 19th in the world for ppd Congrats. If we were to fold for Pete now I think we could easily make him #1, The race will be a different story, I cant wait, I'm going to see if I can find out when it is. Maybe that can be one of the team challenges, Make pete #1 after the contest and see how long we can keep him their, If everyone put their lowest ppd client under his name that might just do it, With VMware doing so well now PPD wise. Can anyone think of something we can do?
EDIT: I just checked my points for this month, 245,000 so far I just need 5000 more to get 9 entry's into the contest plus the ones for folding before the contest. Its impossible for me to get 500,000 for the 10th entry so I just switched over my PS3 to folding_for_pscout to make him Active and If anyone wants to try to get Pete in the top 10 or #1 I would be willing to switch my GTX 260 to. With the way the contests work with them awarding extra entrys to those who have bin folding for 50% of the time sense the last contest( I think) I figure I just have to leave my VMware folding under my name and I should be good( 2 WUs a day is Active), But when they announce a contest everything goes back to my name untill I get my max entry's. What Do you guys think about having a HardwareCanuck (Pete) in the top 10 fop ppd in the world? Thats a Milestone we could all share and be proud of and the whole world would see our team spirit every time they look at the leader board and see pete #1 Sorry for the extra long post
Attached Images

Last edited by badatcards; January 26, 2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old January 26, 2010, 06:01 PM
Banned
F@H

here i am thinking i clicked something wrong lol
Old January 27, 2010, 11:02 AM
Banned
F@H

Ok guys I'm up and running.... I was so piss.. the other day with that sale, than I change my folding team # for the one of NCIX... I just correct the mistake. After all what they have done to help me NICX ..nothing. real help and real folders are here. and look at those comment I found there, let's smash them

Our road to glory as a top-10 team in PPD is now blocked by another Canadian team! Those fiends! Who do they think they are?

behind HWC. But if we can put together a few more days like today, we'll blow by those HWC bozos in no time! Then once we're past HWC
Old January 27, 2010, 11:29 AM
Banned
F@H

wait what sale? and post some piccies, numbers!