Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 15, 2009, 07:36 AM
F@H

My System Specs

My rig is down to folding on one card because if i fold on both system lags and ppd drops to the hundreds or tens and i dont have the time to nuke and pave this week
Old December 15, 2009, 07:50 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Damn guys, you know I'd be throwing points and work units in for ya If I gad gobs to spare, but I don't, so wife and kick out own arses more to hurry up on the fourth box and get it going!! And In your names until you're both back up to normal production rates........ Hang in there fellas.........
Old December 15, 2009, 08:01 AM
Banned
F@H

having issues with 353 pointers and the like. the 1888 or bigger go fine, the other mentioned ones eue or such.......chhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old December 15, 2009, 08:23 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Had three of 'em finish up ok here last night dan. Normal completion and return to Stanford. Looked fine here but of course that doesn't mean other folks didn't get nailed with bad work units, which I would assume the most likelu cause.
Old December 15, 2009, 09:09 AM
Banned
F@H

no they just crap out. wondering if i can chose the big pointers only, like 1888. less ppd, but it wont crap out
Old December 15, 2009, 09:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just about have the "Peri" up and running, just waiting on a monitor. There would be another 260 in there if I did not have to replace the HX850. I might rename it the "Phoenix" because it is rising from the ashes....

The grand total from the crash was PSU (brand new Corsair HX850), DVD burner, CRT monitor and mouse. I also had to RMA the ram as one stick was bad from new, I have a stick borrowed from my I7 rig. The techstation is no longer square but it is sturdy enough to hold this rig. I borrowed the 140 mm fan from the dead HX850 for ventilation, I'll find out if it works today. I upgraded my Q6600 to Win 7 and need to get a virtual machine folding on there also, hopefully today. With everything firing on all cylinders I should be close to 40k/day. *crosses fingers*

Attachment 8459

Attachment 8460

Last edited by stoanee; August 31, 2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old December 15, 2009, 09:43 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
no they just crap out. wondering if i can chose the big pointers only, like 1888. less ppd, but it wont crap out
Haven't heard of a reliable way to do that yet.
Old December 15, 2009, 10:39 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm View Post
G'morning gentlemen!. Well Well now, tis with a lot of joy and humility that I present the team with the finest 24 hour run this little three el-cheapo box farm has ever produced.
Not much for sum of ya, I know, but tis a biggie for me, and I'm proud of it. Almost as proud of it as I am my still lovely wife. Stanfart better not screw up posting ths one!!!
Stanford, of course, already SCREWED IT UP BIG TIME .

<<<<-------36280.95

Go Dano GoGoGoGo
You could add at least 3000PPD simply by switching to using VMs and the Linux SMP client instead of the Windows one.
Old December 15, 2009, 10:57 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I'm aware of that. But it seems to me that the numbers are going to be wrong regardless of O/S until Stanfart get their act together. Higher of lower numbers don't mean squat if they aren't valid.
Old December 15, 2009, 01:56 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
Just about have the "Peri" up and running, just waiting on a monitor. There would be another 260 in there if I did not have to replace the HX850. I might rename it the "Phoenix" because it is rising from the ashes....

The grand total from the crash was PSU (brand new Corsair HX850), DVD burner, CRT monitor and mouse. I also had to RMA the ram as one stick was bad from new, I have a stick borrowed from my I7 rig. The techstation is no longer square but it is sturdy enough to hold this rig. I borrowed the 140 mm fan from the dead HX850 for ventilation, I'll find out if it works today. I upgraded my Q6600 to Win 7 and need to get a virtual machine folding on there also, hopefully today. With everything firing on all cylinders I should be close to 40k/day. *crosses fingers*

As if the good news of how well you weathered the crash wasn't enough. I'm surprised how quickly you got that rig back together, and I'm also glad it wasn't a total write off. You aren't sitting on a couple of horseshoes, are you?