Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 5, 2009, 03:07 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

not sure if this is how you reference another thread but here goes...

My First Air/Water Cooling attempt -kinda-

That's my cooling system as of right now. heat was unreal in this room until I hooked that up..

Im in the process of building a larger version, this one will use a higher pressure and will only flow when the water in the rad rises to a set temp then a solenoid will open and flush it bringing the temp back down to 55f i have the electronics ready, just need a larger RAD and a hopefully a fan that makes less noise!

what im thinking of doing is putting the systems in a BOX suck room air in flow thru/around the systems then back into the room.. what I want is COLD air comming from the system box.. the setup I have now removes all the heat from these two systems and cools the room a bit, but I need MORE ;)
Old July 5, 2009, 03:50 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Gotcha - I remember that thread. I taught you were using ground water to cool your rig.

Be careful with well water - it is very cold, and condensation could become a serious issue to your rig.
Old July 6, 2009, 08:48 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainEater View Post
Those are revision 1 PC-60 cases.......the revision 2 case has the power buttons/leds built right into the front......

-------

My ppd is gonna be down for a few days , my MPICH client has decided to bork itself , won't start anymore.....
Didn't see this earlier, but did mention it here Updated Win SMP Client - Old One Expires July 04 2009

No need to delete the folders just replace the .exe

Old July 7, 2009, 08:48 AM
Allstar

I wonder how this will affect the VM Ware folding virtual application in this situation. It runs the Linux client, right? In which case unless the Linux copy has been updated everything will be fine, correct?

Reading the supplied link, they expire July 4 2010. Also, it looks like I may not need to run VMWare anymore seeming the updated Windows client is working to phase out the old A1 cores. This is essentially the reason the VMWare clients fold 'faster' is because they're using the new SMP cores that only the Linux client has access to. It may go to simplify my machines a great deal if I can just use the Windows SMP client again.
Old July 7, 2009, 08:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I still can't get past the stupid EUEs on my fourth GPU.

I tested the cards yesterday with continuous loops of 3DMark and there were no issues never mind hours of gaming on Age of Conan.

I'm thinking there might be something wrong with my dummy plugs...
Old July 7, 2009, 09:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

We broke the top 75 !!

Great work everyone !!

Old July 7, 2009, 05:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlojack View Post
I still can't get past the stupid EUEs on my fourth GPU.

I tested the cards yesterday with continuous loops of 3DMark and there were no issues never mind hours of gaming on Age of Conan.

I'm thinking there might be something wrong with my dummy plugs...
I'm guessing you already did this but the 3rd/4th gpu folds fine when by itself?
Old July 7, 2009, 06:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
I'm guessing you already did this but the 3rd/4th gpu folds fine when by itself?
Yeah, I switched the cards around a couple of times.

It's always the second card that gets the problems and it's the one with the dummy plugs.

The thing that gets me is it was folding fine for about 4-5 weeks then one day it stopped.
Old July 7, 2009, 07:09 PM
Allstar

Alot of people I know have had trouble getting core #4 playing well on GTX295s. Its got to be a driver issue.
Old July 10, 2009, 03:42 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

The Team will see a drop in ppd for a while. I have sold half of all my parts, and am folding still on a mix of parts. More later tonight.