Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 25, 2009, 09:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, I'm going back more than 80 yrs!...my dad was born in 1923 so I doubt you'd find anyone left who knew of him......and yeah, I know what you mean, my rig keeps my basement nice n warm along with the 46" plasma tv?...no heat required...lol

Old January 26, 2009, 04:21 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Guys it's always been bothering me how folding.extremeoverclocking.com does the 3 hour tally of points. I never could figure out what time they based their numbers on. I was going to RMA my card today so I turned off folding last night at 10pm PST and when I looked at the stat page this morning I got points for the next 3 time intervals. It turned out that I couldn't make it in to Purolator today to ship out my card so I started folding with it again at 10am...No results untill 4pm were posted. So am I right in assuming that points on XOC are always 6-9 hours delayed? It hard to figure out all these time differences and delays in reporting. I mean the client itself reports in UTC which is greenwich mean time I believe and XOC seems to report results delayed +2 hours for me and then theres FAHspy which reports times in my location. I'm bewildered to say the least.
Old January 26, 2009, 04:41 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysrun View Post
Guys it's always been bothering me how folding.extremeoverclocking.com does the 3 hour tally of points. I never could figure out what time they based their numbers on. I was going to RMA my card today so I turned off folding last night at 10pm PST and when I looked at the stat page this morning I got points for the next 3 time intervals. It turned out that I couldn't make it in to Purolator today to ship out my card so I started folding with it again at 10am...No results untill 4pm were posted. So am I right in assuming that points on XOC are always 6-9 hours delayed? It hard to figure out all these time differences and delays in reporting. I mean the client itself reports in UTC which is greenwich mean time I believe and XOC seems to report results delayed +2 hours for me and then theres FAHspy which reports times in my location. I'm bewildered to say the least.
Stanford updates their stats every three hours at 03:00, 06:00, 0900, 12:00, 15:00, 18:00, 21:00, and 00:00 hours EST. It takes about an hour. EOC updates their stats once stanford is done so at 4,7,10,and 1 AM and PM EST. It sometimes takes till 1/2 past the hour for all stats to be updated on EOC.
If you started again at 10:00 AM your time, which is 13:00 EST, you got credited at the 18:00 EST stanford update which is the 19:00 EOC update, which is 16:00 your time

Hope that makes sense but it's more than likely clear as mud...

Last edited by LCB001; January 26, 2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Fixing Numbers
Old January 26, 2009, 05:16 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Clear as what women really want LCB. Thanks haha! I think I got the idea of it now. FAH stanford uses Eastern time as a basis and that's why my numbers never jive with EOC because they have a processing delay so the numbers are always out of sync. So basicly getting an accurate real-time score requires a bit of math, guesstimation and time zone knowledge. I wonder how hard it would be for them to standardize the times to UTC though. The EOC times really put a wrench in the works for me with the +/- 2 hours. Ohh well it dosn't really matter as long as the results get in.

btw raise your hand if your sick and tired of all the 511 WUs rolling over us for the last week!!!
I want a recall of all 511s and a rebenchmark of them haha!

Remember, remember the 511s.
The scourge of our rigs and angels in heaven.
Folding, treason, and plot,
I can think of no reason
Why the 511 Treason
Should ever be forgot.
511s, 511s t'was it's intent
To slow up our rigs and leave us for dead.

*work in progress
Old January 26, 2009, 05:45 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysrun View Post
Clear as what women really want LCB. Thanks haha! I think I got the idea of it now. FAH stanford uses Eastern time as a basis and that's why my numbers never jive with EOC because they have a processing delay so the numbers are always out of sync. So basicly getting an accurate real-time score requires a bit of math, guesstimation and time zone knowledge. I wonder how hard it would be for them to standardize the times to UTC though. The EOC times really put a wrench in the works for me with the +/- 2 hours. Ohh well it dosn't really matter as long as the results get in.

btw raise your hand if your sick and tired of all the 511 WUs rolling over us for the last week!!!
I want a recall of all 511s and a rebenchmark of them haha!

Remember, remember the 511s.
The scourge of our rigs and angels in heaven.
Folding, treason, and plot,
I can think of no reason
Why the 511 Treason
Should ever be forgot.
511s, 511s t'was it's intent
To slow up our rigs and leave us for dead.

*work in progress
Sorry about that, I'm in the Ottawa region so I think in terms of EST. I was also trying to keep it to a 24 hour time period. In PST times it would be;

00:00, 03:00, 06:00, 09:00, 12:00, 15:00, 18:00 and 21:00 hrs for the Stanford updates.
01:00, 04:00, 07:00, 10:00, 13:00, 16:00, 19:00 and 22:00 hrs for the EOC updates.

EOC gets the stats after Stanford is done, they usually report the Team update total right away, individual scores take longer.
EOC can only update what Stanford gives them, you must have missed the noon [your time] stanford update, got credited on the 3:00 PM update which EOC reports at 4:00 PM.

Be glad you don't do SMP Folding , you never know when Stanford will give you credit for those.

As for those 511's, it's painful to see all three of my GPU's Folding them, really painful, like 4500-5000 PPD painful...:rtfm:

Old January 26, 2009, 06:54 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Haha I feel the pain too guys from the 511s but at least we all get them. Had a few 300s last night I believe.
Fold for team #54196
Old January 26, 2009, 07:38 PM
MVP
F@H

I take it 511's are not the favorite around here. I have had at least 4 already...

Other than scrolling through a wicked long lest of text in FAHmon is there a way to view your actual completed projects and what they are about along with value. Like a stats page for the user?
RIG #1 - Intel E8400 // TRU-X 120 w noctua NF-P12 // GA-X38-DQ6 // GTX285 OC // 8g Ram OCZ Fatal1ty PC8500 // X-Fi Elite Pro sound // z-5500 speakers // OCZ 850w Gamer XTream PSU // WD Raptor 150g // Seagate 1Tb // 2xSeagate 500g ex// Logitec G-15 keyboard // Vista Ultimate 64bit
RIG #2 - AMD64 3500+ // Asus A8N-E // 8800GTS 512 OC // Enermax Liberty SLI 500W Modular PSU // WD Caviar 250g

Old January 26, 2009, 07:49 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasheKicker View Post
I take it 511's are not the favorite around here. I have had at least 4 already...

Other than scrolling through a wicked long lest of text in FAHmon is there a way to view your actual completed projects and what they are about along with value. Like a stats page for the user?
In terms of PPD and the time it takes to complete the 511's are below garbage
For a list of how many of each WU you have done go to your F@H page Folding@Home
For a list of the projects and what they do go to the project Summary page Folding@Home

Old January 26, 2009, 08:00 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Yeah the 511s are harder on your system as well. GPU temps are higher with them as your card works harder to process the work. If a video card OC can handle a 511 WU then it should be pretty stable. So look at them as an opportunity!

But as LCB001 says, it seems that more credit should be given for them for the amount of effort your system puts into them.
Fold for team #54196
Old January 26, 2009, 09:33 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Yes chrisk hit the nail on the head there. I noticed my shaders at stock 1404 did 5645ppd and now OC'ed to 1620 I get 6022ppd for the 511's so that's almost a free WU completed every day. I noticed that the OC effected the 511s more than the 384s and 353s. I did some math and with my shaders clock to 1620 thats a 15.38% increase, my 511s completion time is reduced by 11.2%, yet the smaller WU I only see a slight 4.21% improvement in completion time. The 511s really seem to be shader pigs so I've just kept feeding the beast...And listening to my card squeal.