Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 25, 2009, 04:08 AM
F@H

My System Specs

We've also got some fairly heavy folders who've reported that their hardware is down for a while. Don't be discouraged if we see further drops once June hits... some folks can't take the heat! :) (Not a lot of points, but my 8800GTS (512) has been down for a few weeks so there's 5K+ PPD right there.... :) ).

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old May 25, 2009, 05:35 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
ST, it was fun running with you.

Mike

Well, you still have the edge right now, as my Primary Folder is only single GPU configuration ATM.
Tuesday will be when the GTS250 and 9800GT get Paired on my new board and start folding for the cause.

It has been a good run!
To the Top!!

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 25, 2009, 07:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am away from home working and I know a couple of my quad Ubuntu VMWare folders are down. :help:I will be switching them to the much simpler VMWare players for folding so the wifey can start them back up if they go down. I also have a GTX260 core 216 sitting there waiting to go into my Q6600 box and the 9800GT will come into this AMD box. I have this little (AMD) puppy running at 3.2ghz and it is pulling down 2400ppd on VMWare player folding. Must....get....home.....
Old May 25, 2009, 09:55 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
We've also got some fairly heavy folders who've reported that their hardware is down for a while. Don't be discouraged if we see further drops once June hits... some folks can't take the heat! :) (Not a lot of points, but my 8800GTS (512) has been down for a few weeks so there's 5K+ PPD right there.... :) ).
Yup, i can attest to that.Even though im not bringing in huge PPD. My power supply took a big dump on me, and now my phenom rig will be down until i get a new one from RMA
Old May 25, 2009, 11:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
That's happened to me too. I haven't been folding because I just recently moved my computer into my room, and because my i7 rig gets really hot, I can't have it on overnight while I'm sleeping because I can't bare the temperature. My PPD has dropped big time.

Also, once I get some more Noctua fans on the go I'll be allowed to let the computer run while I'm away because my parents won't be able to hear it .
Old May 25, 2009, 12:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I think this is the only advantage I have right now with the new house I moved into.
It has a workshop room in the far corner of the basement , and that is where my Rigs are both setup right now (sucks if I want to game...but well...I dont' game anymore LOL).
Its very cool , no windows no nothing, good insulation so my Rigs run icy cold in comparision to where I was before. And , you can't hear them unless you're doing laundry.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old May 25, 2009, 02:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, I finally have a "threat".

*sigh*.

I see LemonLime in my rear view mirror. He's drafting me. I'm going to have to brake later into the corners and carry more speed through.

He might overtake me but I'm going to give him at least a little bit of a fight :-)
Old May 25, 2009, 03:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just wait till I get home! ***shakes fist***
Old May 25, 2009, 04:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Even though I don't fold for HWC, ever since the contest ended there's been a HUGE drop in active folders. I believe HWC lost over 40 members after the folding contest ended. Man that sucks for you, but good for me. It'll take you guys a bit longer to catch up xD
way to rub it in

J/K

we'll kick your team's ass in a few week shakes fistwhen winter hits us
Old May 25, 2009, 04:33 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Well, you still have the edge right now, as my Primary Folder is only single GPU configuration ATM.
Tuesday will be when the GTS250 and 9800GT get Paired on my new board and start folding for the cause.

It has been a good run!
To the Top!!

ST
I was told that with those two G92 cards that you will have problems, because they each have different number of shaders. I have an 8800gt doing nothing because of this.