Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 25, 2009, 11:13 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Today I finally outpaced the UPS that was supplying the folding box. 1500VA 865w, and upon the unstallation of the 4th GX2 2 cores were short changed power, making them fold at about 33% each, and the overload alarm was going off on the UPS.

So I had to disconnect the same model UPS I have on my desktop powering monitors/speakers/accessories and move it to the folding box. All seems better now, except for a few 511 pointers everything is back up to the usual ppd/core. New numbers should be reflected in the stats over the next few days....

So finally the folding box is done, a week or so of good trials and I can move it to my condo for free power :)

Have an A-1 day!
Old April 25, 2009, 11:36 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DoorGTZ View Post
Today I finally outpaced the UPS that was supplying the folding box. 1500VA 865w, and upon the unstallation of the 4th GX2 2 cores were short changed power, making them fold at about 33% each, and the overload alarm was going off on the UPS.

So I had to disconnect the same model UPS I have on my desktop powering monitors/speakers/accessories and move it to the folding box. All seems better now, except for a few 511 pointers everything is back up to the usual ppd/core. New numbers should be reflected in the stats over the next few days....

So finally the folding box is done, a week or so of good trials and I can move it to my condo for free power :)
I have the same issue. I have outpaced my 900va UPS. I need a new one, and am torn between a 1200va or 1500va unit. There seems to be a $60-70 price gap on them, and I am trying to decide if its worth it. One is good for about ~700W, and the other ~900W, and I am currently pushing 580W while the main rig is folding its little heart out.

On the bright side, when I get a new one I can put my old one on my folding box, and prevent the loss of PPD when the missus trips the circuit when I'm out...
Fold for team #54196
Old April 25, 2009, 11:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My fourth GPU decided to start folding today, out of the blue

We'll see how long it lasts. 40k PPD right now in FAHSpy
Old April 25, 2009, 03:22 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Same here, had to do the same 1 month ago - but Jack, could your 4th core problem be a power issue?
Old April 25, 2009, 03:43 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'd hate to think that an HX1000 Couldn't contend with that setup Zlojack has right now.
Maybe find an Enermax or Similar 1200W????

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 25, 2009, 04:05 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I think is 1000HX is more than capable, but it could be a UPS issue though.
Old April 25, 2009, 04:48 PM
F@H

My System Specs

AHhh okay, so the UPS rated throughput isn't up to snuff, I see what you're saying.

On another Note, I should have CPU by Tuesday Latest with Case (both on BO at Infonec, but also the cheapest so I can survive). Both VC's are inbound for Tuesday as well, so hopefully I'll get this baby purring!
My PPD has dropped off even with this RIg too now...
Can't figure out why yet....perhaps a Driver Update may be needed, seeing as how I am still on the CD's drivers...

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 25, 2009, 04:55 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I have a couple of 511s that is dragging down my PPD. My GTX 285s are also in the low to mid 90s in temps too which is worrying...never saw then that high before, but my ambient temps are also quite high due to the weather.

Power is flashing on and off too, so I'll keep the folding rig off (not on UPS...yet )
Fold for team #54196
Old April 25, 2009, 05:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't use a UPS

But I would think that I have enough power. I'm going with the HDMI issue, since it has crapped out again.
Old April 25, 2009, 08:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
I have a couple of 511s that is dragging down my PPD. My GTX 285s are also in the low to mid 90s in temps too which is worrying...never saw then that high before, but my ambient temps are also quite high due to the weather.

Power is flashing on and off too, so I'll keep the folding rig off (not on UPS...yet )
Chris I'd do something about the stock cooling either replace it with a HR-03GTX or crank the fanspeed to about 75-85%. I had the same issue with my GTX280 while folding with stock cooling, unless I had the stock fan cranked it would get about as high.

Regards,

EE