Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 15, 2008, 08:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Install it, right click on the icon, and click on Run as an administrator. It should work... well, it worked for me hehe

I turned UAC off, so no more problems

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old October 15, 2008, 11:48 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

good questions kruzn4evr. Your single 280 is kicking the snot out of my lil 4850 heh and now your getting set to use your other one!

I have the same question regarding the SMP clients. I'm not sure which one to use as I see theres 2 different ones. If I understand correctly using a SMP client is the only way to get working on the Bigger projects which yield bonus points but I'm unsure if my dual core e8400 is even worth attempting. So in a nutshell which SMP client to use MPICH or Deino?

BOINC seems much more user friendly and I don't need several programs up in my taskbar or working away independantly. I may just switch over to that but I'm unsure if folding @ Home and Rosetta are two sides of the same coin or they're two independent research programs using distributive computing.
Old October 15, 2008, 12:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If I can get this mastered I'll look into Boinc but for now I want to figure this out and see what this rig can do. I still can't get fahmon to load, I've uninstalled/reinstalled both it and the gpu client but get the same thing no matter what I try, "directory ./config/' couldn't be created (error 5: access is denied.).....reads like a Vista commercial don't it?...lol...could it be my firewall blocking out part of the download or something? I sure would like to see what kind of points I'm getting

Old October 15, 2008, 12:37 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I haven't even looked into that myself kruzn, I just look at the link for HWC team and see myself on it heh. I just look at the 24hr average to see what my ppd is. Your sitting at about 1,526 per 24hr and I'm way off that at 975. My god man your rigs a beast! wait till you get all your cores working and your 2nd 280 and I'm sure you'll be one of the top producers on a single machine. I suspect some of the others have folding farms in thier basement or at work so it'll be hard to overtake those ppl but I'm going to get my brother to set it up on his computer and my nefew on his PS3 under my name bwahahaha.

My ppd should go up a bit more once I stop shutting down my comp and fiddling about with my video card bios and then stress testing my VPU with hours upon hours of Crysis Wars fun.

Last edited by Alwaysrun; October 15, 2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old October 15, 2008, 12:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

BOINC is easy has downloading the application, installing, creating a user name, attaching your work to Hardware canuck in Rosetta and.... that it. It will download task, and will stop\diminush his work load according to the usage you are doing.

Ther is no VPU cruncher tough, only cpu.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old October 15, 2008, 01:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

LOL...to be honest, I figured if I'm passing you and the 4850 I can't be running that bad..lol I want to understand setting this rig up to run it's max and see where it ends up. I have the 280 oc'd to 700 core/1504 shader/1282 mem @ 42c and want to push it further too.

Try oc'ing just the shader some more, I read it may give you more points

Old October 15, 2008, 01:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Boinc sounds good to me, I'll definately be setting it up soon after I figure out fah completely....any feedback on the fahmon problem?...error 5 access denied and won't load, no icon to click on either, it's beginning to really tick me off...lol

Old October 15, 2008, 01:39 PM
MVP

Need some help with client setups for F@H ? You can look at the best guides we can get : [H]orde Guides - [H]ard|Forum

/me run off from angry HWC mob...

Proud to be [H]ard !
Old October 15, 2008, 01:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks Xil but I've read all that and I'm still trying to make sense of it..lol...I want to get this damn fahmon to work before I start diving into the dual card stuff...lol

Old October 15, 2008, 01:51 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruzn4evr View Post
Boinc sounds good to me, I'll definately be setting it up soon after I figure out fah completely....any feedback on the fahmon problem?...error 5 access denied and won't load, no icon to click on either, it's beginning to really tick me off...lol
Check your clock. Fahmon is very sensitive of the system clocks.
Don't install Fahmon in the default directory, install in C:\fahmon\.

edit: also, make a shortcut to the desktop of the .exe, right-click Properties, Advanced, tick "Run as Administrator". And as specified before, remove UAC...