Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 3, 2008, 08:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Still getting errors in BOINC.

I'm still getting errors with boink. It seems to only really happen when I OC. But I've ran Prime95 for 24+ Hours and OCCT for 6 and no errors at all. I've even increased my voltage a little bit above where it'd be stable just to make sure.

I still get some errors on stock settings but not as many, also the errors are streaky when I'm OC'd. I go weeks without errors then one day I get 20 then none for awhile

I have the 64 bit version installed, I've reinstalled it numerous times, formatted the drive it runs off etc..

I'm out of ideas :(
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 4, 2008, 12:02 AM
F@H

My System Specs

That's why I started to Fold/Boinc in the 1st place. To really check the stability of the system. 24/7 Folding is way more stressful than a Prime95 run.

But your streaky errors may be pointing at something else. More a software issue, I think.
Old October 4, 2008, 05:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

what I dont understand is that it was somewhat stable when non oc ?

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....

Last edited by matsta31; October 4, 2008 at 05:21 AM.
Old October 4, 2008, 01:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah it was stable non OC'd, i'm gonna have to check my oc again or just give up on it and run stock forever lol

Edit: I've been having some minor windows issues lately anyways, so I think i'll buy a new hdd and set it up on that.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.

Last edited by encorp; October 4, 2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old October 4, 2008, 06:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Just go with smaller step, I mean try it oced at 2.7 or around and see how it goes.

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old October 4, 2008, 07:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yeah we'll see how that goes!
Old October 7, 2008, 06:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Tried, 2.7GHZ without lowering my Vcore, no dice, more errors. Tried lowering the vcore and testing, nope, nothing, still getting errors.. went stock again, let it go for a day and errors all over.

sooo confused!