Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > HardwareCanucks F@H Team

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 2, 2008, 07:04 AM
Hall Of Fame

Default SMP client errored

Ok.....yesterday for some reason , my fah client errored out , it's now saying 'missing work files' and it won't restart......so I guess i need to clean out the bad files , question is , which ones......
Old October 2, 2008, 07:08 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

They are found in the Work folder - simply delete the whole folder, and re-start the Client. The folder will be recreated.
Downside is that all WU work is lost.
Old October 2, 2008, 08:31 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I find once that error shows up it doesnt go away if you delete the work folder or not. I usually delete the folder and reinstall.
Old October 2, 2008, 08:39 AM
Top Prospect

You may even want to consider a a RegClean as well before the re-install and DL the client again. Start completely afresh.
Old October 2, 2008, 03:23 PM
Hall Of Fame

Nah all that's not necessary.....I was just thinking if I could only delete the problem WU files , but I forgot about queue.dat....

It is , in fact identical to the normal client.....John's correct , delete the work folder , but you also need to delete queue.dat from the main folder too....

I was not able to save the WU tally but whatever....It's humming alone nicely again.

-----

Was a funny error........I was browsing the web , looking thru my HDD's and opened VLC up.....*bink* Fah errored immediately......I'll have to see if it's repeatable.

Old October 2, 2008, 03:27 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Problem with the queue.dat file is if you have un-sent WUs, you loose them too. Sometimes you may have no choice but to do it...
Old October 2, 2008, 03:27 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

It is just buggy still, happens when you open certain programs sometimes.
Old October 9, 2008, 01:29 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Problem with the queue.dat file is if you have un-sent WUs, you loose them too. Sometimes you may have no choice but to do it...
Actually, you can salvage it by doing a -send all command to send any unsent units before deleting the work folder and queue.dat. When you are sure there is nothing to send, delete it. Deleting the work folder without touching queue.dat is pointless because queue.dat is just a pointer to the files in the work folder which doesn't exist if you deleted it.

Proud to be [H]ard !
Old October 9, 2008, 05:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

Cool....

I've actually ended up reinstalling it....I looked at my logs , and it was installed while OC'd.....I got a bunch of EUE's....after the original error.

running like a champ again.