Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   HardwareCanucks F@H Team (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/)
-   -   Another milestone (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/10163-another-milestone.html)

3.0charlie September 18, 2008 05:19 AM

Another milestone
 
Well Boys and Girls folders, another milestone will be reached today, when the HWC F@H Team will have reached rank 200.

Well done.

:thumb:

FreqE1 September 18, 2008 06:08 AM

Congrats folders!

Us BOINCers are closing in on 200 as well! (213)

Dashock September 18, 2008 06:14 AM

Well done guys/girls :clap::punk::bananafunky: Im takin a little break of folding to tweak my system but ill be back up and running shortly cannot let Captain Vortex and yycraven pass me.

encorp September 18, 2008 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dashock (Post 90388)
Well done guys/girls :clap::punk::bananafunky: Im takin a little break of folding to tweak my system but ill be back up and running shortly cannot let Captain Vortex and yycraven pass me.


Good, now I can pass you! :P

Dashock September 18, 2008 07:26 AM

haha NEVVVERRR nevvverrrrr lol its allll dreammm.....

Gav September 18, 2008 08:09 AM

I just added a GTX 260 folding 24/7 to the mix so hopefully that will help.:canadianwave:

3.0charlie September 18, 2008 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 90406)
I just added a GTX 260 folding 24/7 to the mix so hopefully that will help.:canadianwave:

Welcome back to the Team, Mr. Administrator!

encorp September 18, 2008 08:27 AM

I am going to need to get my GPU folding too, my RAC is nothing compared to everyone elses. Can you fold on both the GPU and CPU on the same system at the same time?

matsta31 September 18, 2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by encorp (Post 90413)
I am going to need to get my GPU folding too, my RAC is nothing compared to everyone elses. Can you fold on both the GPU and CPU on the same system at the same time?


You can Fold with the CPU and the GPU in F@H.

If by your RAC you are talking about cruching with BOINC on the Rosetta project, then you can only use your CPU. There is no current GPU support for that project.

Your RAC will become higher, since the formula they use to compute the RAC is based on a 2 week half life exponential decay formula. This means the take all your crunching you've done for RAC calculatioon but consider at an higher rate the one you did in the last 2 weeks.

I know that Chalie3.0 is also folding with Q6600 so you could look at his RAC numbers for that computer as a guideline of what you should achieve as RAC if your o/c is the same.

To do so just click on is user tag in the team and then on the computer link here :
Computers belonging to 3.0charlie

His Q6600 is currently achieveing about 870 RAC. Buy reference, my E8400 is at 1100 but I have longer uninterupted crunching, so My RAC will be higher for a while.

Dashock September 18, 2008 08:39 AM

Sure you can and since yer using vista even better as gpu folding does not take a lot of cpu on vista.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:30 PM.