Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   HardwareCanucks F@H Team (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/)
-   -   Steps on gettin Fahmon setup on Vista (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardwarecanucks-f-h-team/10049-steps-gettin-fahmon-setup-vista.html)

Dashock September 13, 2008 04:34 PM

Steps on gettin Fahmon setup on Vista

Hey guys i just started folding with Vista if someone would be as kind as to tell me/us the steps on how to configure Fahmon on vista that would be awesome cheers.

Dwayne September 13, 2008 05:06 PM

You can find the FAH folder in c:\users\yournamehere\appdata\roaming\folding@home-gpu or -x86

I use fahspy... seems to work fine too.

Dashock September 13, 2008 05:07 PM

Dwayne your a champ thanx a lot bud!!! Works

encorp September 13, 2008 05:08 PM

I'm new around this part of HWC haha, please explain this thread! LOL

Apollo4g September 13, 2008 05:12 PM

I have the new 2.3.2b FahMon, and i cant seem to get it to work either. Im running XP 32.

Help anyone?

LCB001 September 13, 2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apollo4g (Post 88991)
I have the new 2.3.2b FahMon, and i cant seem to get it to work either. Im running XP 32.

Help anyone?

I don't use Fahmon, but it should be the same.
From 3.0 Charlie in another thread...

Install GPU2 - make sure you know the path to the Work folder.

D/L Fahmon
Install
Run
Right click the window, clock Add new client.
Add a name for the client
Browse to the Top folder where the Work folder is situated - not the actual Work folder.
It may take a few percentages until Fahmon recongnizes the Client.

Dwayne September 13, 2008 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by encorp (Post 88990)
I'm new around this part of HWC haha, please explain this thread! LOL

there are a couple of programs that let you see the points per day (ppd) you are attaining. fahspy and fahmon. You have to find the working folder though as it is not in the program files directory. In vista it is where I indicated, XP should be in the c:\documents and settings\yournamehere - after that you would hunt it down as I don't have an XP machine to search it out.

Dwayne September 13, 2008 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dashock (Post 88989)
Dwayne your a champ thanx a lot bud!!! Works

You're welcome, I just remember where I found mine. Someone else had a thread on this too, but I can't find it atm.

Apollo4g September 13, 2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LCB001 (Post 88997)
I don't use Fahmon, but it should be the same.
From 3.0 Charlie in another thread...

Install GPU2 - make sure you know the path to the Work folder.

D/L Fahmon
Install
Run
Right click the window, clock Add new client.
Add a name for the client
Browse to the Top folder where the Work folder is situated - not the actual Work folder.
It may take a few percentages until Fahmon recongnizes the Client.

Thanks! hmmm i have no idea where my work folder is situated....any address? OS is XP32 pro

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwayne (Post 88998)
there are a couple of programs that let you see the points per day (ppd) you are attaining. fahspy and fahmon. You have to find the working folder though as it is not in the program files directory. In vista it is where I indicated, XP should be in the c:\documents and settings\yournamehere - after that you would hunt it down as I don't have an XP machine to search it out.

Just read that, but still cant seem to find it :sad:

sswilson September 13, 2008 09:37 PM

If you look at FAH in your start menu there will be a "data files - expert only" file. Copy the location of that file and you've got the folder you need.