Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Hardware Canucks Store

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 20, 2009, 04:44 PM
Rookie

Default Did not receive my IC-7 diamond thermal compound

I ordered a tube of Innovation Cooling IC7 Thermal Compound from the hardware canucks store April 29th, 2009. I have yet to receive said tube of thermal compound and am EXTREMELY mad. It was only $13 or so, but I feel I was completely cheated and intentionally ripped off for these reasons. 1) many forum useres got it for free with NO hassle or troubles. 2) I've sent two trouble tickets practically begging for some sort of order tracking or any information at all as none has been supplied to me. 3) kind of the same as 2 but I'm being completely ignored by the staff and they wont respond to the only means of direct contact ( the little form you fill out and send in the "contact us" link). 4) I built my friend a computer last summer and he just decided to OC so he got an OCZ vendetta 2 and I'm waiting on the compound as I promised to use it on his air cooler. If I put cheaper compund on it I'll have to rip it apart again ( hes got a backplate to go on it so entire mobo comes out) and apply IC-7, if I ever recieve it!

I have noticed this section of the forums, being the proper place to post this thread, is not busy by any means. If a moderator would like to move the thread thats fine, as I would like someone to help me.

P.S. this could be the shipping companies fault, HOWEVER harware canucks wont even give me the name of the courier so until then I blame harware canucks.:rtfm:
Old June 20, 2009, 04:49 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I don't know how your tickets went unanswered, but I have forwarded this thread to our Admin. Please rest assured that this situation will be dealt with in a swift manner.
Old June 20, 2009, 05:04 PM
Rookie

That was FAST thanks so much charlie!
Old June 20, 2009, 05:08 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

No problem. The Admin has already read the PM; he will answer you shortly.

John
Old June 20, 2009, 05:33 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Hey se7en,
While I am not answering in an official capacity - the store operator should be able to take a look soon - hopefully I can answer a few of your questions

Sincere apologies for all the hassle you have been through. Your frustration is completely understandable - thanks for being as patient as you have been

Please keep in mind, the free IC7 were merely test tubes, provided by Innovation Cooling directly for a limited number of our frequent forum users, for a limited time, and ONLY if you agreed to submit your results for their usage.

Not to throw excuses around, but sometimes emails do just get misdirected or thrown into the spam/trash depending on the email you were sending from. I know that the hardwarecanucks email is based off a an email system that throws "junk" email into a folder without notification, so you never see if you have junk email (no number beside it like most programs). It is most likely that this is what happened and the messages were overlooked.

It is unfortunate that you were not able to find this forum section sooner and your issue has sparked an idea, that given as email contact is the only method, we will look into adding a link on the contact us page to this forum section in case an contact issue happens in the future.

Please understand there is no benefit to us to ignore you and to not ship your item. The product would have shipped via Canada Post, and even via regular mail - would have made it to the Arctic by now - so we can safely assume it has been lost.

Someone will contact you to get your order details and we will have the situation resolved asap to get you the product.

Cheers
Old June 21, 2009, 08:26 AM
Rookie

Theres a start! Canada post, I had figured it was with them since the shipping was free. I didn't want to just call them up and say wheres my package without even knowing if it was shipped by them. I knew this forum section was here all along, I just wanted to deal with the issue privately until now. It seems I'm getting some good help here and thank you FixT. Also does Canada post use a tracking system? this package might be really hard to find!
Old June 21, 2009, 08:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en View Post
Theres a start! Canada post, I had figured it was with them since the shipping was free. I didn't want to just call them up and say wheres my package without even knowing if it was shipped by them. I knew this forum section was here all along, I just wanted to deal with the issue privately until now. It seems I'm getting some good help here and thank you FixT. Also does Canada post use a tracking system? this package might be really hard to find!
Called a tracking number.

A couple months ago I bought a case from here and Canada Post left it at my door but someone took it before I got home. I doubt someone took your package
Old June 21, 2009, 09:57 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en View Post
Yes they do have a tracking system, but I think most would agree in saying, if you took a blind man, a map and a few pin.... that is about the Canada Post equivalent of tracking.

Due to these "strange and interesting" Canadian privacy laws, that only seem to affect Canada Post, once they have the package you cannot do anything. You cannot reroute it, you cannot change address, you cannot stop delivery, or request that they hold delivery -you cannot find out anything except where it was scanned in.

Basically, given the dollar value , it would be useless to try and track it down. I am sure we will be able to find a suitable solution
Old June 21, 2009, 10:25 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

How did you pay for the compound? If you used PayPal likeI did that might be your problem as it was for me. The HWC Store showed mine as awaiting payment for the longest time but my PayPal account said everything went through. It was something on the PayPal side of things that slowed down my order though. I sent a complaint e-mail to the HWC Store and everything was figured out within a couple days and I got an extra tube of IC7 for my long wait. Now if they only get some cool hats I'll have something to order from the HWC store again.
Old January 13, 2010, 12:25 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorsejohnny View Post
Called a tracking number.

A couple months ago I bought a case from here and Canada Post left it at my door but someone took it before I got home. I doubt someone took your package
Damn dude, I am really sorry to hear that. No one deserves that.

Loving the board you sold me tho. For all intents and purposes it's one of the bext X48 boards out there. And by far the best I have tried. Thanks again, and sorry to hear about your luck man.