Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS COMMUNITY > Hardware Canucks Store

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 11, 2011, 10:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

From past experience, noctua's tim is pretty good and doesn't remove markings. You'll get more benefit by setting more aggressive fan profiles or just trying your luck with re-mounts if you have the paste to spare. To be honest though, there's not much point in gaining that 1-2C unless you're aiming for some world record since that difference won't really help with an OC. Also, as mentioned before. All high end TIM is pretty much the same.

Heh, seems like my experience with IC7 and it removing markings from 2 cpu's I've got weren't just a fluke lol. The 'lap job' is looking a bit lopsided though :|

Old May 15, 2011, 07:55 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I found the stuff too hard to apply even after heating it up, finished the tube then got some MX-4. But i agree about using it as lapping compound.