Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Hardware Canucks Store (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-store/)
-   -   Innovation Cooling IC7 Thermal Compound Now Available on the HWC Store (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-store/16259-innovation-cooling-ic7-thermal-compound-now-available-hwc-store.html)

Gav March 27, 2009 06:02 PM

Innovation Cooling IC7 Thermal Compound Now Available on the HWC Store

1 Attachment(s)
We now have the Innovation Cooling IC7 available on the HWC Store.

Attachment 4923

$11.99 with FREE SHIPPING!!!

As well, we have FREE SHIPPING on all HWC T-Shirts this weekend.:canadianwave:

shane_p March 28, 2009 05:38 PM

AWESOME!
Thanks guys, finally somewhere to buy in Canada!
and that is a decent price as well! good idea on the free shipping, I was dreading having to pay for shipping on something so small and light
anyway
I am ordering some on monday for my V10!

Gav March 28, 2009 07:09 PM

Ya, we thought people would have a problem paying shipping on something so small.:biggrin:

Pelt April 17, 2009 11:50 AM

Just recieved mine today. Gee I was wondering if you guys could maybe package this a little better...I'm not sure 8 x 10 padded envelope and an anti-static padded pouch inside is enough protection for a 5 cm tube of TIM. Maybe next time you could use a wardrobe box filled with packing peanuts just to be on the safe side,lol. (the preceding message was a sarcasitc comment aimed at the obviously OCD HWC shipping dudes and was of course all for fun)

But seriously couldn't you guys save a few bucks for yourselves, and stream line the packaging? Not that I'm really complaining I'm all for going overboard but this must somehow affect your bottom line.

FiXT April 17, 2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pelt (Post 180424)
Just recieved mine today. Gee I was wondering if you guys could maybe package this a little better...I'm not sure 8 x 10 padded envelope and an anti-static padded pouch inside is enough protection for a 5 cm tube of TIM. Maybe next time you could use a wardrobe box filled with packing peanuts just to be on the safe side,lol. (the preceding message was a sarcasitc comment aimed at the obviously OCD HWC shipping dudes and was of course all for fun)

But seriously couldn't you guys save a few bucks for yourselves, and stream line the packaging? Not that I'm really complaining I'm all for going overboard but this must somehow affect your bottom line.

Silver is conductive - wouldn't want any ESD hampering cooling performance :biggrin:

But seriously, you underestimate the incompetence of some postal company's, especially if they are shipping UPS.... in that case, the packaging really would be lacking

Exmortis April 18, 2009 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiXT (Post 180445)
But seriously, you underestimate the incompetence of some postal company's, especially if they are shipping UPS.... in that case, the packaging really would be lacking

Amen Brother, Your lucky you get any item in tact from UPS unless it is shipped in a 4inch thick solid steel walled cargo carrier.

Jonwall April 18, 2009 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiXT (Post 180445)
Silver is conductive - wouldn't want any ESD hampering cooling performance :biggrin:

Its got diamond tho not silver :D

shane_p April 22, 2009 10:32 AM

I should update
I ordered mine 1 day (evening) and it was mailed out the next day
took a couple days to get (not bad at all)
and yes it was in a HUGE bubble wrapped 11x17 envelope (for a tiny tube)..lol
oh well it was safe
Thanks HC

btw
I had MX-2 paste on my V10 before that
and well after first applied there was 0 difference, next day same, and really for a week no change (had the computer on for like less than 1 hour per day...busy)
anyway about 1 week later, ran P95 and seemed to have dropped 1-2c
so I think it was worth it, and still some left for the future
(I am not sure if it really had to cure? or if I just needed to heat CPU up and down a few times? or not..I didn't really P95 everyday, just day 1, and then 1 week later)

anyway good buy, and I would buy it again; rather than go somewhere else for MX-2, and pay more (with shipping)

lowfat April 22, 2009 08:06 PM

I lawled pretty good at the size of the envelope I received for such a small item. Very quick to ship too.

bigdee May 1, 2009 04:21 PM

guys, what's the shelf life of a tube of IC7?