Quantcast

CORSAIR Unveils New 1600W PSU & Hydro Series Liquid CPU Coolers

by MAC     |     January 11, 2018

CORSAIR has revealed their most powerful power supply yet and some new additions to their always popular line of Hydro Series liquid CPU coolers.

Starting off with the power supply, Corsair's newest addition is the AX1600i, which is a 1600W monster that will undoubtedly make miners very happy. This new high wattage model is rated 100W higher than the company's previous flagship, the 1500W AX1500i which has been around for a number of years.

This new fully modula rmodel is not just a mere wattage boost over the previous flagship, it is based on an new all-digital platform which uses is a new type of transistor made from Gallium Nitride (GaN) instead of silicon. This GaN transistors can be switched at extremely high speeds and they have better power density, which not only means superior efficiency but the ability to build high wattage power supplies in a smaller form factor than before.

In real terms, what this means is that the AX1600i is 25mm shorter than the previous AX1500i, and that it is capable of better than 80PLUS Titanium efficiency (94%+). It also features full digital management using CORSAIR LINK software, which allows for control, monitoring, recording, and analysis of power consumption.

Cooling is handled with a 140mm fluid dynamic bearing (FDB) fan that has a zero RPM mode when the power supply is under low to medium loads. When it comes to aesthetics, this is a pretty conservative looking power supply - just the way we like them - but it does come with three different coloured magnetic side labels let you choose your PSU’s style to match your system build.

The CORSAIR AX1600i is available immediately at Corsair.com for $449.99 USD.

CORSAIR has also introduced two new PRO models to their Hydro Series all-in-one liquid CPU coolers, H150i PRO and H115i PRO which they claim are their quietest AIO's ever. They have designed a quieter pump, upgraded the fans to CORSAIR's own ML Series magnetic levitation fans, added a Zero RPM mode to stop the fans from spinning when there's a light load, and also quiet startup to prevent the annoying ramp up noise that can occur when fans start speeding up.

The new quieter pump is also more compact than previous models, and features customizable RGB LED lighting built into the aluminium-trimmed pump head. Using CORSAIR LINK you can not only fully control the lighting colours and effects, but also create custom pump speed profiles to maximize performance or minimize noise.

Price aside, the only difference between the two models is that the H150i PRO features a 360mm radiator while the H115i PRO is a little smaller at 280mm.

The new $169.99 USD CORSAIR Hydro Series H150i PRO and $139.99 USD Hydro H115i PRO are available immediately at Corsair.com and select online retailers.

Latest Reviews in CES 2018
January 13, 2018
Cooler Master has unleashed a whole range of new gaming accessories that were all designed entirely by Cooler Master. The M800 Series has arrived!...
January 13, 2018
Cooler Master is attempting to master cooling with a handful of new CPU cooling solutions that feature a heavy emphasis on flashy RGB LED lighting....
January 13, 2018
Phanteks has announced a new Eclipse series case that can handle extra-wide E-ATX motherboards and they have updated their P300 model with some new color options....