CES 2017: CORSAIR Reveals SCIMITAR PRO RGB Gaming Mouse
CORSAIR have just revealed the SCIMITAR PRO RGB gaming mouse, which features a 16,000 DPI sensor, 12 side buttons, and built-in memory.
All the MMO and MOBA gamers out there will be glad to hear that CORSAIR have released an improved version of their popular SCIMITAR RGB mouse, the new SCIMITAR PRO RGB. While it might have a similar name, and identical design, there have a few key enhancements.
While the original SCIMITAR was largely lauded for its 12,000 DPI optical sensor, there were still some who found it a little shaky. Therefore, CORSAIR have upped their game with state-of-the-art 16,000 DPI PIXART PMW3367 optical sensor that can be adjusted in single DPI increments for fast and precise tracking.
The Key Slider design is back, which is number pad of 12 mechanical side buttons that have the ability to slide backward or forward up to 8 mm in order to accommodate varying hand sizes. In total the SCIMITAR PRO RGB has 17 buttons and that are all be fully configurable using the CORSAIR Utility Engine (CUE) utility. If you don't like tweaking things yourself, no worries this mouse comes pre-loaded with three profiles of common shortcuts for MMOs, MOBAs and productivity programs. All of this is saved directly on the onboard memory.
As its name suggests, the SCIMITAR PRO RGB also has four RGB lighting zones that can be configured with your choice of colours and effects. If that's not enough to meet your aesthetics needs, this mouse will be offered in your choice of both black and yellow finishes. Backed by a two-year warranty, the SCIMITAR PRO RGB is available immediately for about $80 USD.
Full press release below:
CES 2017, Las Vegas, NV – January 5th 2017 - CORSAIR®, a world leader in enthusiast memory, PC components and high-performance gaming hardware today announced the release of the new SCIMITAR PRO RGB gaming mouse. Based on the same award-winning Key Slider™ 12 side-button design as the CORSAIR SCIMITAR RGB, the SCIMITAR PRO RGB adds onboard profile storage and a state-of-the-art native 16,000 DPI PMW3367 optical sensor developed in partnership with PIXART for precise control in single DPI steps for ultra-accurate, high-speed tracking. |
The SCIMITAR PRO RGB also adds a comprehensive set of hardware playback options for both programmable buttons and RGB lighting effects, allowing gamers to save up to three profiles of keyboard shortcuts or RGB lighting right to the mouse. Engineered to revolutionize MMO and MOBA gameplay, the SCIMITAR PRO RGB has everything gamers need to conquer quests, win rounds and defeat the competition, all at the click of a button.
Designed from the start to give MMO and MOBA gamers the edge, the SCIMITAR PRO RGB is crafted to fit the contours of your palm, no matter your hand size, and provide comfortable, assured grip even over epic gaming sessions. Central to this is the exclusive patent-pending Key Slider™ system, allowing the 12 mechanical side macro buttons to be repositioned by up to 8mm, keeping every key within reach and exactly where you need it at the crucial moment.
Pre-loaded with three profiles of common shortcuts for MMOs, MOBAs and productivity, the SCIMITAR PRO RGB’s hardware playback makes it easy to customize control in your favorite games. Each of the SCIMITAR PRO RGB’s 17 buttons can be fully remapped in CORSAIR Utility Engine (CUE) software, with the macros saved to onboard memory for use on any system. The SCIMITAR PRO RGB also boasts four-zone RGB lighting, with gorgeous multi-color lighting effects and colors saved to onboard memory.
At its heart, SCIMITAR PRO RGB is powered by a custom gaming grade 16,000 DPI PIXART optical sensor. Granting phenomenal accuracy and high-speed tracking, the sensor’s DPI is adjustable in as little as single DPI increments using CUE, allowing players to tune their sensitivity settings to exactly their preference and prevent mis-clicks and over-shoots. What’s more, the SCIMITAR PRO RGB can actively tune its sensor to optimize performance for virtually any gaming surface using the surface calibration utility in CUE.
SCIMITAR PRO RGB Specifications
- Exclusive Key Slider™ macro button control system: The patent-pending design provides 8mm of key travel with a secure lock to ensure every button is within reach.
- 12 Optimized mechanical side buttons: Designed to pro-player specifications for consistent tactile feedback and precise actuation. Textured side button keycaps provide enhanced grip and feel.
- Onboard storage with hardware macro playback: Three predefined profiles include actions common for MMO/MOBA gaming as well as general purpose keyboard shortcuts. Advance your gameplay and create your own profile with custom actions and lighting effects.
- Custom PMW3367 PIXART 16,000 DPI optical sensor: Ultra-accurate and high-speed tracking engine. Native 16,000 DPI resolution, settable in single DPI steps, can be custom tuned to virtually any type of mouse pad.
- Available in yellow or black: Styled to suit your system, the SCIMITAR PRO RGB is available in both yellow and black finishes.
- Surface calibration tuning utility: Optimizes sensor precision and responsiveness for your playing surface.
- Dynamic multicolor four-zone backlighting: Customizable backlighting immerses you in the game by providing nearly unlimited lighting adjustability.
- Comfortable, precision, optimized shape: Crafted to fit your palm for the highest level of comfort no matter your hand size or grip style.
- Ultrafast 1ms lag-free game play: Supports up to 1,000Hz/1ms USB refresh rate for a near instant response to your movements.
- CUE software control supercharges your mouse: Enables you to program custom MMO timer countdowns, double macros, DPI matrices, and more.