CORSAIR have announced their new flagship mechanical gaming keyboard, the K95 RGB Platinum.
If you have been holding on to your K90 keyboard since 2012, you will be glad to know that CORSAIR have just revealed their new flagship mechanical gaming keyboard, the K95 RGB Platinum. You could even say that they have announced two keyboards, since the K95 will be offered in both black and gunmetal anodized finishes.
With trademark design elements like an anodized brushed aluminium frame and bulletproof Cherry MX key switches, the K95 will not only look good but be extremely durable as well, as evidenced by the two-year warranty. Even more importantly, it will feel good under your fingers since you can choose between the Cherry MX RGB Speed switch (aka MX Silver) for a faster response or Cherry MX RGB Brown for a more tactile feel. Everyone has different preferences, so it is very thoughtful of CORSAIR to provide owners with an option.
Thanks to the CORSAIR Utility Engine (CUE) and 8MB of onboard memory, gamers can save custom key assignments, macros, game profiles, and custom 'reactive' lighting profiles directly to the keyboard, so you can game without relying on a piece of third-party software. The six dedicated macro keys have a special soft texture, so finding them will be easily and should quickly become second nature.
While everyone might be jumping on the RGB bandwagon in 2017, CORSAIR first introduced per-key RGB lighting back at CES 2014. With the new LightEdge feature, not only does the K95 RGB Platinum have fully configurable per-key RGB lightning, but there is a 19-zone light bar that can be adjusted independently with its own colours and effects.
As you would expect from a high-end keyboards, there is also a USB 2.0 pass-through port, detachable soft-touch wrist rest, dedicated volume and multimedia controls, full key rollover with 100% anti-ghosting support, and even a Windows key lock mode so that you will never accidentally exit to desktop.
The K95 RGB Platinum will be available in late January 2017, but we don’t yet have any information with regard to pricing.
Full press release below:
CES 2017, Las Vegas, NV – January 5th 2017 - CORSAIR®, a world leader in enthusiast memory, PC components and high-performance gaming hardware today announced the new flagship mechanical gaming keyboard, the K95 RGB Platinum. Building on the phenomenal success of CORSAIR mechanical keyboards, the new K95 RGB Platinum combines a trademark CORSAIR anodized aluminum frame with the very latest in premium keyboard technologies to redefine what gamers can expect from a high-end keyboard. |
Built to last, the stylish aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminum frame of the K95 RGB Platinum will withstand a lifetime of gaming and, as with all CORSAIR mechanical keyboards, uses only Cherry MX key switches. Trusted for decades to deliver proven accuracy and reliability, Cherry switches remain the industry standard for mechanical keyboards and with K95 RGB Platinum, owners can choose between the high-speed, low-travel Cherry MX RGB Speed switch, or the tactile feedback of Cherry MX RGB Brown.
With the addition of hardware playback and 8MB of onboard memory, the K95 RGB Platinum allows gamers to save not just custom key assignments and macros to memory, but complex, multi-layer reactive lighting profiles, so you can game without the need for external software. Set up profiles and custom key assignments for three onboard profiles in CORSAIR Utility Engine (CUE), save them to memory, and then use the K95 RGB Platinum with all your custom lighting and key controls on any system. What’s more, The K95 RGB Platinum boasts six dedicated macro keys, specially textured so you can easily find them at the crucial moment and contoured so to avoid accidentally pressing them.
Since CORSAIR first debuted per-key RGB lighting at CES 2014, the technology has become synonymous with CORSAIR keyboards, exciting gamers with the ability to customize their setup with vibrant colors and amazing effects. With its new LightEdge, the K95 RGB Platinum takes RGB lighting to the next level. In addition to per-key RGB lighting configurable in CUE, LightEdge offers a dedicated 19-zone light bar, able to be lit in conjunction with, or completely separately from, the rest of the keyboard. Illuminate LightEdge with a solid color, rippling RGB waves, or a menacing visor of light – it’s all part of how you make the K95 RGB Platinum your own.
The K95 RGB Platinum is also loaded with extras to help you get the most from your games. A detachable dual-sided soft-touch wrist rest provides textured or smooth comfort, while a dedicated USB pass-through port means a place to connect your CORSAIR mouse, headset or flash drive is always at hand. Dedicated media and volume controls put playback of your music and videos at your fingertips, and with dedicated Windows key lock and brightness buttons, you can eliminate distractions in an instant. CORSAIR also includes a set of FPS and MOBA textured keycaps, providing gamers enhanced grip and feel for the crucial keys in their favorite games.
K95 RGB Platinum Specifications
- Aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminum frame: Built to withstand a lifetime of gaming. Lightweight and rugged durability, necessary for a keyboard that’s going to see a lot of action.
- 8MB profile storage with hardware macro and lighting playback: Allow access for up to three stored profiles on the go, independent of external software.
- Dynamic multicolor per key backlighting with LightEdge: Adjust each key’s color and illumination level in addition to 19-zones on the LightEdge light bar for sophisticated and dramatic animations and effects.
- 100% CHERRY RGB mechanical key switches: Unleash blistering speed with the 1.2mm actuation of CHERRY MX Speed mechanical keyswitches, or feel the tactile feedback of Cherry MX RGB Brown keyswitches.
- Six programmable G-keys keys for in-game macros: Assign single keystrokes or complex multi-key combos to any of the six dedicated macro keys.
- USB 2.0 pass-through port: Provides convenient access to an additional USB port for your mouse or headset.
- Black or Gunmetal: Available in two distinctive anodized finishes, Black or Gunmetal. (Gunmetal initially only available in North America with Cherry MX Speed switch.)
- Detachable, dual-sided soft-touch wrist rest: The comfort to enhance your gameplay during marathon gaming sessions. Choose between two different surfaces for optimal comfort.
- Dedicated volume and multimedia controls: Control to adjust audio on the fly, without interrupting your game.
- 100% anti-ghosting with full key rollover: No matter how fast your in-game actions are, every keypress registers correctly.
- Fully programmable with CUE: Intuitive and powerful Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) enables sophisticated macro programming and fast, fluid dynamic multicolor illumination.
- Windows key lock mode: Stay focused and prevent accidental Windows and Context Menu key presses.
- FPS and MOBA keycap sets: Textured and contoured keycaps provide maximum grip and enhanced feel.